On the eve of the finale I am finally read to admit that...

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by sidious618, Mar 20, 2009.

1. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

... Battlestar Galactica is my favorite show ever. It used to be Babylon 5 but BSG has now taken the lead (although B5 is still very, very special to me). As I think about tomorrow's finale it's almost an emotional experience for me. I've watched the show since the beginning and now it is, as Six said, the end times.

I honestly can't believe it's happening. Words fail me at describing the sense of loss that I shall feel when it's over.

Anyone else had similar thoughts/realizations the past few days or am I the only pathetic blubbering guy? :p

2. vampgrrl

vampgrrl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Only in that
    1. I hope Caprica is good to keep the BSG-verse alive
    2. My life has changed so much since the mini in Dec. 2003...ALOT

3. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

I, too, am a pathetic blubbering guy! :techman:

And today is a very special day.

This is Cogley.

You've heard the news.

You know the mission.

You should also know there's only one way this mission ends.

And that's with the successful completion of the greatest show on television.

Look around you.

Take a good look at the men and women that stand next to you.

Remember their faces.

For one day you will tell your children and your grandchildren that you watched with such men and women as the universe has never seen.

And together, we accomplished a feat that will be told and retold, down through the ages.

And find immortality... As only the Gods once knew.

I'm proud to watch with you.

Good hunting.

4. Sparky

Sparky Commodore Commodore

SO SAY WE ALL!

5. USS KG5

USS KG5 Vice Admiral Admiral

SO SAY WE ALL!

Everyone should come in this thread and just post that! :D

6. EstoniaKat

EstoniaKat Lieutenant Red Shirt

It's been a long road since the mini, which I found out about the day that it aired. I've been on board ever since. A lot has changed in the world, and my own life, since then; not always for the good.

I haven't been emotional about it - yet - although BSG hasn't been far from my top thoughts all week. I'm looking forward to it, so much that I'll get up at 4 a.m. my time to watch it live.

And I'm expecting nothing less than a grand finale that will make my socks roll up and down.

7. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So say we all.

8. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Best show on TV.

Favorite show ever. Something I realized between seasons 2 and 3.

Right there with you, guys and gals. Rolling that hard six, bringing in the cat, and spooging my landings! :)

SO SAY WE ALL!

9. Garth Rockett

Garth Rockett Commodore Commodore

So say we all!

10. Alpha_Geek

Alpha_Geek Commodore Commodore

SO SAY WE ALL!

11. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

hands on approach, checkers green, call the ball

Alright people, this is what we do. We're the best! So let's get the old girl ready to roll and kick some cylon ass!

If I'm a Cylon, you're really screwed.

Out of the box is where I live.

Your girlfriend's from a lovely family. Good people, great values.

You are loading, are you not?

She was more than that to us. She was more than that to me. She was a vital, living person aboard my ship for almost two years. She couldn't have been just a machine. Could you love a machine?

You've missed a few catastrophes while you were away.

I don't think the problem is that you've been betrayed, I think its that you feel helpless. You were shot, you were injured, and when you finally had a chance to do something, you let us down. You made a promise, to all of us...

I'm putting the fleet back together. I'm putting our family back together. This ends now.

Frakking hypochondriacs, one on every bloody ship.

Starbuck to all vipers-- do not fire...repeat, do not fire! I'm a friendly, okay? We're all friendlies! So, let's just...be friendly!

You said that humanity never asked itself why it deserved to survive. Maybe you don't.

Bright, shiny futures are overrated anyway.

I find it absolutely amazing you people went to all the trouble to appear human, and didn't upgrade the plumbing.

What do you want to do now, Captain?
    The same thing we always do. Fight them until we can't.

I know you're wonderin', so I'll save you the trouble; the eye is gone. They ripped it out onto the floor and showed it to me. Looked like a hard boiled egg.

Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go.

Symbols matter. Uniforms, flags, banners - even mascots. They're like pieces of your heart that you can see.

Don't make me cry on my own hangar deck.

Well... this oughta be different.

You did it. You brought them home Saul.
    Not all of them.

My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be.

Don't freak out, it really is me. It's gonna be okay, I've been to Earth. I know where it is. And I'm gonna take us there.

I love you.
    About time.

No. Not now. Not ever! Do you hear me!? I will use every cannon, every bomb, every bullet, every weapon I have down to my own eye teeth to end you! I swear it. I'm coming for all of you!

Among bright stars, I'm lost. There's a new tide. All the forgotten faces, all the forgotten children, we seek the forgotten language...

There's this one song that he taught me, it made me feel happy and sad all at the same time
    The best ones do.

SO SAY WE ALL!

12. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

They should put a little picture of the BSG logo on the memorial wall.

SO SAY WE ALL!

13. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

DS9 has been my favourite show since I was around 11 and it would be really hard for any show to overtake it. But BSG has made one hell of an attempt and all it needs is for the finale to be truly excellent in order to make it to the top. Come on RDM, I know you can do it.

14. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

So say we all!

Well, it's my favourite non-comedy TV show ever, so its 4th for me overall behind I'm Alan Partridge, The Simpsons and The Office (TOS)

15. Chess Piece Face

Chess Piece Face Commodore Commodore

It's a good show with moments of greatness.

My current favorite would be Lost, which is a great show with moments of lameness.

16. What's his face

What's his face Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have to agree on BSG being my favourite show ever. Deep Space Nine used to be my favoruite sci-fi, but having watch BSG and then seeing an episode of DS9 the other day, it's not as good by comparison.

Shows like DS9 suffer the same problem many adventrue shows do: the characters are too archetypal. The good guys are incorruptible and invicible and the bad guys are always evil, self-centred and amoral. BSG blurs the distinction between the two.

17. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

If BSG isn't my favorite show ever, it's gotta be in the top 5. They gambled a lot on this show, did things most shows wouldn't dare. It's been far from perfect, but it's such a unique entity--I'm not sure there's another show out there that's quite like BSG in terms of its themes, setting, characterization style, etc. There will probably be a lot of shows in the years to come that try to recapture BSG's style.

18. Garibaldi O'brien

Garibaldi O'brien Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Top 5 for me too. Star Trek will always hold the #1 spot for me. Still, I will say BSG is the best SF show we've made this century.

And it's almost OVER!!! Just a little over 9 hours from now the final episode begins! I have not been this invested in a finale' since B5, so I'm hoping it's good. I am fairly spoiler-free.

19. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

If it's your favorite show ever you need to watch some more TV. :lol:

20. tomalak301

tomalak301 Admiral Premium Member

Overall, BSG was pretty good, but my favorite Scifi show ever still is Farscape. Now that show knew how to mix plot and characters and tell a remarkable story.