Oh No!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by MadMan1701A, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

That's what I get for not making sure I hadn't skipped any posts...

Still seems a little small for the amount of cargo, etc they'd also need to send down. Esp since those capsules look to be "one way" types.

2. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Commodore

Thanks for all the compliments, guys. :)

Yeah, I know that the official line is that everything up until the destruction of the Kelvin is supposed to be the same as in TOS, I don't really that would keep them from radically changing what different elements would look like. Take Starfleet Academy and San Francisco for example... a totally different approach.

I was thinking 18-20 each... and the command module up front can separate and land as well, if it has to. Also, the cargo modules are habitable, and I was thinking that they might be able to spin, to provide a little artificial gravity. The original Botany Bay had full on artificial gravity, so I thought I should acknowledge that.

1 deck on each side of the rotating sections, where I'd imagine the cryo chambers are. Behind that is the reactor, to power the ion engines.

:)

-Ricky

3. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

Would that be 18-20 people PLUS cargo or without cargo?

4. Irishman

Irishman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I love the design as a ship, but how does it fit into the NuTrek timeline? When would she have been built?

5. MadMan1701A

Without, I would think. The cargo would have to be in the big outer sections, but I'm not sure how they would get those out of orbit, except just to crash them. :)

6. MadMan1701A

Later than 1997... probably mid to late 21st century?

7. publiusr

publiusr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No Lief Erikson conning tower, but maybe some vertical antenna masts to echo its location.