Of the "BIG" questions, how many were answered?

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by WeAreTheBorg, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Or he may be a very powerful alien, maybe The Lords of Light in this universe

2. Danoz

Danoz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Honestly, FAR better "god did it" and leaving it open than trying to explain the cosmic unknowns in the show with something real and quantifiable. Say, for instance, we find out the "god" is some super, cosmic cylon from Kobol... okay... who cares? That doesn't do much for me. I prefer the open ending.

3. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

That's not true, God can be an answer. Of course, it may not be "god" as it doesn't like to be called that, it could be a very powerful alien, Q like for example.

4. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the impression I got is that "God" is far from the Christian God or anything like that.

5. Chess Piece Face

Chess Piece Face Commodore Commodore

Yeah, well I thought that Six's faith in God coming across as trippy and kinda nuts was a fantastic thing. One of the best things about the series - to see a show that has the balls to show that viewpoint. Way to suck the wind out of those sails, Ron.

6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

We got a lot of answers, however the answers were horribly lame.

7. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Indeed

8. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Your opinion, I disagree with it. I thought the answers made sense and I appreciate what we got.

9. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

We don't know if "God" is God. "It" doesn't like to be called God? What if "It" is a cylon-supercomputer that can manipulate matter from afar? Would that make people happier?

10. V

V Commodore Commodore

while I loved the finale, I am very annoyed that they went the "artsy" route of "lets just leave that as vague "its truly metaphysical godlike stuff"

I didn't mind the Bajoran prophet stuff on DS9 because that at least had its own rules....remember when this show was hardcore military scifi?

Yeah, they didn't directly address any of this....particularly, why did they have to KILL Starbuck to send essentially a HeadStarbuck that everyone could see and touch. That wasn't explained well and I"m annoyed that they thought it would be more intriguing to leave it as just "it really was a miracle of god"

the characters and fight scenes were incredible, though

11. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

they certainly left it open to what the "God" in this universe actually is, we know it doesn't like to be called God, heh

12. Chess Piece Face

Ok. Now what?

It's still pretty lame. I mean, it could be this totally kick ass Q character, or a petulant Trelane child or an ancient Greek God...or even that Klingon Devil thing but you know what? The way they laid it out, who gives a shit? We'll never know and without any other clues besides "he doesn't like to be called God" speculating isn't really that fun. It's only fun to speculate on something when you have at least a few things to interpret.

Give us something to go on Ron!

13. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

No fucking shit, this is a board with different people who think differently. I just love it when people write that bullshit.

The Opera House is the biggest let down in the history of the universe.

14. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Maybe in "The Plan" we'll learn more about the Cylons relationship with this God, for example how they came to realize there was just "one" God. Something had to prompt their beleif in this God.

15. AlanC9

AlanC9 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

But God didn't cause everything that happened. The various holocausts happened because the humans and Cylons made them happen. All God did was ensure that something survived to try again.

And from the last conversation between HeadSix and HeadBaltar, it's clear that this will keep going until there's some sort of civilization that doesn't blow itself to hell.

Do we really need an explanation as to why some force might want this?

16. Chess Piece Face

That would be fantastic. Why do the centurions (of all characters!) worship the one true God? Why did they come up with this on their own and pass it to the final five? Who adjusted the temple to show the final five?

All cool stuff I'd like to see.

17. AlanC9

AlanC9 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Would that make this the biggest overstatement in the history of the universe?

18. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, followed secondly by your statement, and therefore followed thirdly by my statement not including this last part.

19. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

"Caprica" might as well. Looks like we will see the formation of a god worshipping group of humans, whether that will delve into the actual nature of god or not I don't know.

20. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it's funny that people are trying to find some hard, logical, scifi explanation for everything, when from the very beginning Moore has clearly been much more interested in the emotion and poetry and mystery of this world, and the characters in it.

All those quiet character moments and raw displays of emotion and mystical visions weren't just done to be "arty", or as a way to kill time between Cylon attacks. They were what the show was always ABOUT. The fleet and the cylons and the mythology were nothing more than a backdrop for these characters and the emotional journeys they were all on.

Trying to dissect the plot like it's freakin Star Trek misses the point entirely. lol