Nothing more frustrating than...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Data Holmes, Apr 15, 2012.

1. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } alta moda Moderator

Your signature made a whole lot of sense under that post of yours. You invited people to "View my art" right after they read this masterpiece of abstract art.

2. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's nothing more frustrating than people who use ambiguous thread titles to disguise the fact they are posting something totally uninteresting.

3. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

Really?:vulcan:

4. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, not really. There are a number of things that are more frustrating.

5. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

Indeed.:vulcan:

6. T'Preea

T'Preea Commander Red Shirt

^^I've seen what you mean by that. One of the HP forums I'm in has a member that does the very same thing. Drives everyone bonkers.

To me, nothing is more frustrating than when people I'm talking to take one small thing I've said; latch onto it, and make a huge deal out of it. My mum did that this morning and it made me crazy. I got over it quickly, though; but she held onto the conversation and got all mopey thinking I was upset at her. *bollocks!*

7. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

^ *Making a huge deal out of you frequenting forums dedicated to one brand of brown sauce*

8. Blip

Blip Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well at least it's not the other brown sauce. *snicker*

9. T'Preea

T'Preea Commander Red Shirt

^Gross!

I find it irritating when I'm trying to watch something and my flatmate is on the phone talking loudly enough to raise the dead in another country. As well as how she can never say someone's name. She always refers to them by title, such as "your husband", "your mom"; "your wife." Half the time I want to smack her. Then, she uses metal to mix things in my Teflon pots. I have the patience of a Saint, but when it wears thin; you'd better watch out. *lol*

10. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I’m tired of my family, too.

My sister’s boys were approaching physical violence levels. I used to be somewhat close to the older boy. He had never gotten on well with his father. My sister and her husband are the type who won’t speak for days when they’re angry, but WILL scream. My Mom guilted me into letting him come live with us at the end of 2010. He’d go to city college here, prepping for transfer to the local university. He said he wanted to start fresh.

He comes, and says he doesn’t want to go to the local university, but one across the country. Okay, that’s his business. Naturally, there are some difficulties, trying to incorporate someone into a household. He, being 20 at the time, was not much into trying to ease this. Suggesting he get a part-time job so he’d have some money resulted in calls from my sister and mom--that he was supposed to be in school and didn’t need to work--and $100/month from my mom to him.

Things go relatively well for awhile, then tempers flare. Hubby and I tell him that if he really wants to make it as a music major, doing something musical would probably be a good idea. He actually is very talented as a composer--had he decided on this major in high school, he likely would’ve gotten scholarships. Instead, he prefers to literally lie on his bed all day playing a f*****g video game. Again, calls from mom to let him be.

He says Hubby and I think too much, “to a psychotic level,” and that my thinking “so much” “annoys people around me." I know these are my sister’s words because he doesn’t see me around other people, unless they visit here.

He’s a little shit who will fail because he, like the rest of my family, prefer their own reality and are surprised when there are consequences to their non-thought-out actions. Thank god he is out of here and back to his mom in four weeks.

At that time, I will be cutting most ties with my sister, who has been talking shit to my mom about me all this time. Yeah, I’m the bad guy. Because I was the “good” child and my sister has always resented me for it.

Family sucks.