Nostalgia of TOS on VHS!

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by KirkusOveractus, Oct 9, 2013.

1. publiusr

publiusr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mar 22, 2010
    I've got a lot of VHS tapes, and it is too costly for me to transfer them over now. My combo DVD VHS eats tapes, so I don't dare play anything on it.
  2. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Commodore Commodore

Jan 7, 2013
    New York State
    I amassed tons of cassettes over the course of my VHS "career," most of them home-taped off the air and from cable. I part with more of them every time I move, to lighten my load. I bought some TOS episodes pre-recorded.

Knowing that the VCR would die even if I had a free shelf by the TV to keep it on, I scanned the VHS box art from TOS, Lost in Space, and a few other things. Your memories never really fade if you have hi-res jpegs stored away. I love my scanner.
  3. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

I've got "The Cage" on wax cylinder.
  4. Melakon

Melakon Admiral Admiral

Nov 22, 2012
    Melakon's grave
    Pffft. I have the original stone tablets Roddenberry brought down from the mountain.
  5. Mycroft Maxwell

Mycroft Maxwell Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Sep 21, 2013
    Tennessee USA
    The beauty of the switch to blu-ray is that I don't HAVE to replace my dvds like I had to replace my VHS. Blu-rays can play dvds. And DVD format is good enough for me. So even when they quit making dvds and dvd players, My current dvd library will be playable. I won't have to stock up on dvd players like i had to VCRs.
  6. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

Oct 15, 2009
    I still got my TOS VHS collection, they are actually bilingual...German / English, so I got to watch most of TOS in english waaaaayyy before DVDs became mainstream.