Nostalgia of TOS on VHS!

Discussion in 'Star Trek - Original Series' started by KirkusOveractus, Oct 9, 2013.

1. publiusr

publiusr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've got a lot of VHS tapes, and it is too costly for me to transfer them over now. My combo DVD VHS eats tapes, so I don't dare play anything on it.

2. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Commodore Commodore

I amassed tons of cassettes over the course of my VHS "career," most of them home-taped off the air and from cable. I part with more of them every time I move, to lighten my load. I bought some TOS episodes pre-recorded.

Knowing that the VCR would die even if I had a free shelf by the TV to keep it on, I scanned the VHS box art from TOS, Lost in Space, and a few other things. Your memories never really fade if you have hi-res jpegs stored away. I love my scanner.

3. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

I've got "The Cage" on wax cylinder.

4. Melakon

Melakon Admiral Admiral

Pffft. I have the original stone tablets Roddenberry brought down from the mountain.

5. Mycroft Maxwell

Mycroft Maxwell Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The beauty of the switch to blu-ray is that I don't HAVE to replace my dvds like I had to replace my VHS. Blu-rays can play dvds. And DVD format is good enough for me. So even when they quit making dvds and dvd players, My current dvd library will be playable. I won't have to stock up on dvd players like i had to VCRs.

6. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

I still got my TOS VHS collection, they are actually bilingual...German / English, so I got to watch most of TOS in english waaaaayyy before DVDs became mainstream.