Niners Unite...around Babylon 5! - The Lost Threads

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Neroon, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

How about for a first suggestion...

"The Coming of Shadows" - one of the best of the series.

or possibly "Soul Mates" - not exactly one of the series best, but a funny one written by Peter David.

2. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

^ The Coming of Shadows is a good choice. :)

3. Neroon

I could put up a poll this evening, of a few favorite episodes. Making sure to include an "Other" option, just in case.

4. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

I'd kind of like for it to be one of the more contoversial episodes just to keep things lively. "The Illusion of Truth" maybe or "The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father" maybe. Something that folks have differing opinions on.

Jan

5. Neroon

That's a good idea, too. I can think of a few others that might fall into that category:

- "Believers": the parents who have a religious conflict with Dr. Franklin on healing their son

- "Passing Through Gethsemane": one of Theo's monk's turns out to have once been a mass murderer

- heh... almost anything with Capt. Lochley. :lol:

6. PKTrekGirl

Good point about doing a more controversial one. That is an interesting idea...

7. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

I would love to watch Intersections In Real Time again. But I'll be happy with any episode that ends up being picked.

8. Mal

Mal Commodore Commodore

at this rate, we're going to be watching the first half of The Lost Tales :)

FWIW, i wouldn't mind watching Believers. it has the potential to evoke some decent debate.

9. PKTrekGirl

^ Actually, I wouldn't mind watching one of The Lost Tales. That DVD has been sitting in my coffee table for months...unwatched. :(

10. misskim86

misskim86 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lol my Lost Tales is unwatched too not sure why, maybe it's unwatched so I will always feel I still have "some more" to watch

11. Neroon

Didn't we have a community watching of "Lost tales" way back when?

Regardless, lets see what we've come up with so far:

- The Coming of Shadows: When the Centauri emperor visits the station, Sheridan tries to keep G'Kar from going after him. Londo and Refa plot to expand their power. A mysterious man seeks out Garibaldi.

- Soul Mates:Londo summons his three wives to Babylon 5. A mysterious man from Talia's past reappears.

- The Illusion of Truth:ISN sends a team to do a second story about Babylon 5, but the final product is not what Sheridan and crew expected

- The Corps Is Mother; the Corps Is Father: Bester pursues a dangerous telepath. An examination of the Psi Corps, including their training methods and how they deal with washouts.

- Believers: Dr. Franklin asks Sinclair to intermediate with an alien family who, because of their religious beliefs, refuses to allow surgery that would save their dying child.

- Passing Through Gethsemane: Lyta Alexander returns to the station at Kosh's behest. One of Theo's brothers discovers that he may have a hidden past.

- Intersections In Real Time: The entire episode takes place as part of Sheridan's facing an inquisitor from Earthdome.

- The Lost Tales: The new DVD which came out in 2007 - While travelling from Minbar to Babylon 5 to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Interstellar Alliance, Sheridan picks up an unexpected guest with a dire warning. Meanwhile, Lochley summons a priest to the station to help with a problem that may have supernatural implications.

12. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

I vote for Passing.

13. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

I vote for Intersections In Real Time and The Coming Of Shadows. I'd rather do an arc story than a stand-alone.

14. Neroon

Although I am not sure about how useful a poll will be, in an effort to keep things as tidy as possible....

15. PKTrekGirl

Voted for either The Lost Tales or The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father.

But I'll participate in whatever is selected. :)

16. Neroon

I suggest we do a "double bill". Let's watch both "Passing Through Gethsemane" and follow it up with "The Coming of Shadows". Two very different episodes will elicit a nice variety of conversation. I think we'd have enough time to do both.

Now it's a matter of setting a date and time. Preferences anyone? I'd like to get as much participation as possible.

17. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I voted for "The Illusion of Truth" and "The Corp is Mother, The Corp is Father." I'd prefer to watch some episodes that will encourage discussion and controversy over what will no doubt become a circle jerk of praise over "Intersections in Real Time" and some of the other episodes.

I'd rather not do the Lost Tales again. We've already done a live commentary on that.

18. Neroon

Well, there's no problem with doing another "Lost Tales" later, for those who missed it the first time around. But first we ought to do something new, and right now it looks like a double bill of "Passing Through Gethsemane" and "The Corps Is Mother; the Corps Is Father".

Sooo ... suggestions for date & time, everyone?

19. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

If possible, a weekend would be best for me. I'm on Eastern US time (GMT -5, I think).

Jan

20. Mal

Mal Commodore Commodore

Saturday January 19, 2007

2 pm EST (11 am PST) Passing Through Gethsemane
    3 pm EST (12 noon PST) The Lost Tales

(as of now, both of those have 4 votes each...)