NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by SmoothieX, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

They tend to send over a 'home' team that isn't very good and doesn't sell out their stadium, so no one will miss them for a week. And then a 'road' team that is usually a marquee franchise the NFL wants to show off.

Surprisingly the scores have been pretty even for the most part, other than the smackdowns the Pats laid on Tampa and St. Louis, which is fine in my book.

Next year is 49ers vs. Jags, which fits the mold.

2. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Went to Green Bay for the weekend to see the Packers game. It wasn't pretty, but at least they won. Had a blast, but not sure it was worth the $1000+ it cost. I love Lambeau, but between the tickets, hotel and travel costs, it's cheaper to see them play just about anywhere else.

3. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, I enjoyed that 49ers game last night. It will be a while before they play again though, which is a shame, but it's time for a bye. Looking forward to this weekends games and being able to watch pretty much all of them. That Indy game looks like it might be the game of the week.

4. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I know what you mean. Last year I had the game here in San Diego to hold me over, only costs was the ~$80 per ticket to hold me over. The weather was crap that day but it was a wildly entertaining no-defense display to watch surrounded by bitter Chargers fans.

I'm skipping the expense this year... next year I don't think there are any nearby games on the schedule so I might have to make the Lambeau pilgrimage.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I see the game at MetLife Stadium is still on for this week. How are they going to manage that?

6. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

No damage to the stadium and no way they're losing out on ticket sales.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ But if the fans and players can't actually REACH the stadium... I mean have you seen what those streets look like now? And of course the transit system is shut down completely. Which I assume includes NJ light rail.

8. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Today is Tuesday. The game is Sunday afternoon. Plenty of time for cleanup between now and then.

9. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Unfortunately, most of the type of fans who can actually afford to go to NFL games at the Meadowlands probably aren't affected by light rail being down.

10. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

The only way I can see the Packers on the cheap is to go when they play at the Metrodome. Crappy stadium, but that's what I'll probably do next year.

11. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I'm wondering if da Bears could score 60 today. Still 10 minutes to go.

Finally giving it to a bad team like they should.

12. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

My Pick'ems were sweeeeeet today.

13. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Interesting tidbit from Dan Patrick yesterday. The Tampa Bay Bucs RB Doug Martin is the first player in NFL history - least in the Super Bowl era - to have 3 TD runs of 40+ yards in the same game. He had a 45 and a 67 yard run in the 3rd quarter. In the 4th, he had one of 70 yds.

14. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

:brickwall:

15. drychlick

drychlick Captain Captain

i went to the 49er vs Arizona game on Oct 29! i had a good time at the game But what a let down how can a team that 4 and go 0 and 5 the next 5? and i thought this year we was going to take the west!:confused:

16. SmoothieX

Seattle was starting a rookie QB in his first game on the road no less, New England with their usually accurate kicker botched a very makeable field goal and the buzzer, Philly is a train wreck, and Miami, also starting a rookie QB, was just beginning to put it together then.

3 of those 5 losses have been to pretty good teams in minnesota, San Fran, and Green Bay.

17. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The dumpster fire that we named the Colts last year is now 6-3 and in the thick of the playoff race. Raise your hand if you saw that coming. Anyone? Anyone at all?

18. SmoothieX

Despite the fact that I'm legally obligated to hate the Colts, their turnaround and inspired play for their coach has been one of the better storylines this season.

I still hope the Pats blow the doors of them next week though.

Seattle and Miami have been pleasant surprises as well.

19. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

I'm still impressed by how the Bears defense has scored more touchdowns on interceptions than a few entire teams' offenses have by the pass.

20. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

The coach's fight with Leukemia has definitely been a unifying point, but this team was the team that Peyton Manning played for with all those other guys. Heck, I think more people paid attention to Peyton on the sidelines than the rest of the team on the field last year. Even though Luck is a big name in his own right, this team is a much more of a team concept and though you can't blame Manning for that, can you blame the other players for being distracted by the constant worry about his health?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.