Next Wonder Woman movie won't have her name in the title

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Shaka Zulu, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Sindatur

Sindatur Vice Admiral Admiral

Well they also mentioned lesser known Heroes that also needed some exposure, so, I was thinking Justice League from Wonder Woman's perspective with Superman and Bat-Affleck tossed in. and then the lesser knowns.

2. JD

JD Admiral Admiral

Bat-Affleck? This is about the DC Universe Animated Original Movie series, and as far as I know they haven't announced any tie-ins to the current live action movies.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Tucker never actually says her name won't be in the title, despite the claim in the headline. At least, he didn't say that in the quoted portion -- he just said they'd be using Justice League as an "umbrella" for films about heroes who aren't Superman and Batman. Maybe it'd be like the Pocket novels I mentioned, where Justice League is a supertitle for the series and the individual installment is titled Wonder Woman: Something. Or maybe it'll be called Justice League: Wonder Woman.

Tucker's exact words were "a Wonder Woman-centered Justice League movie." Probably like the way individual episodes of JL/JLU would focus on specific members of the team, and others would be present in the background but not carrying the story.

4. Sindatur

Sindatur Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, I must've read something wrong, I got the impression, they specifically weren't talking about Animated :alienblush:

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^The interview is with James Tucker. He's the producer of the DC Universe Animated Original Movies series, having taken over from Bruce Timm. If it had been about the live-action movies, the interview would've been with Zack Snyder or David Goyer or someone like that.

6. Galileo7

Galileo7 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Agree.:beer: