Need a favor from any new parents

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Shikarnov, Nov 15, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Doesn't matter if they do Gaith. The cat will most likely be dead before the baby hits puberty, depending on its age.

2. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

This is a great idea. Wish I'd known about this when I was pregnant with my oldest. We had two cats when our oldest was born, and the only sticking point was that they really, really liked the Moses basket where our daughter slept for her first six weeks. We simply shut the door to the nursery to keep the cats out. Apart from that everything went fine.

Congratulations, Shikarnov! :)

3. NCC1701

NCC1701 Commodore Commodore

We have two cats and a 6 and a half week old daughter, so far the cats are staying well away from our daughter, though that will undoubtedly change as they get used to her later down the track. Only thing is to keep cats away from sleeping babies, so if you're not going to be within sight it'd be best to close bedroom doors to stop them from climbing into the cot.

As for dogs, my partner's family have five of them of various breeds and sizes, and they seem to have adjusted a lot better than the cats have, so no issues there either. Good luck with your baby, and welcome to the club, you're in for quite a ride! :techman: