Mysteries You Lose Sleep Over

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Brent, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think it more probable the Final Five bestowed resurrection technology on the Seven otherwise Cavil & Co. wouldn't be so worried about the hub being blown up, had the Seven been the keepers of the keys of everlasting life they could always make it again.

Sharr

2. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Alright so where are all the cigarettes coming from?

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Premium Member

I just think this is funny because in Season 1 Adama made a point to give Starbuck "his last cigar."

4. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Definitely possible. But, I think either is as likely along with a multitude of alternatives.

Mr Awe

5. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Rated Awesome By 9 out of 10 Awesome Experts Moderator

I like to think that they were able to grow the tobacco on New Caprica. Or they're just smoking Roslin's New Caprican Space Weed.

6. tomalak301

tomalak301 Admiral Premium Member

There's really three mysteries I hope gets resolved before the season ends.

-Who is Kara?
    -What is the Opera House and why has it been important ever since Kobol's Last Gleaming?
    -Who is Head six/baltar. This one I'm really worried about not knowing because it seems like the writers have completely dropped the storyline.

7. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

Why do my hip replacements look the same as the Cylon centurion hips? Am I part cylon now?

8. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well a lot of mysteries were answered tonight.

9. Evil_Admiral

Evil_Admiral Commodore Commodore

Another mystery I am having issues with is what the deal was with the Six from Six Degrees of Separation. I mean did she make herself known on New Caprica and join up with the rest of the Cylon gang, or was she something we just need to ignore?

10. RoJoHen

^You mean Shelley Godfrey? What exactly are you having a hard time with?

11. billcosby

billcosby Commodore Commodore

Kara's a clone.
    Probably formed during her special lonely time with what's his name, Cylon clone from last season's Californication.
    If you consider the clyons existance, cloning a human should be pretty easy right? They've got a duplication machine set up on Caprica.

12. Apogeal Alpha01

Apogeal Alpha01 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm still losing sleep over the psychic humans who run the base ships while immersed in some sort of fluid. How are they not a variation on the humanoid cylons, and how were they created?

13. RoJoHen

^They are. That was pretty much explained tonight.

14. Gep Malakai

Gep Malakai Vice Admiral Admiral

Really? How? :confused: I feel like I did a pretty good job following all the exposition, but that I missed.

15. RoJoHen

The Centurions were trying to create Skinjobs, but the Hybrids were as far as they got. That was when the Final Five stepped in and helped them finish the process.

It explained where the Hybrids came from, at least. Now, explaining their nature (why they know the things they know) is something we haven't yet figured out.

16. Gep Malakai

Oh. Yeah.

Now what we need explained is why the Cylons would want to create skinjobs in the first place. Cavil has a point as far as the flaws of flesh vs. metal goes. So what's the motive? Why recreate human form exactly? Why not give the eyes the ability to see gamma rays or the ears the ability to hear 3,000,000Hz?

17. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

When I saw the miniseries for the first time, I assumed the point was simply to infiltrate human society. But now, I guess, the answer must go well beyond that......if the Cylons were willing to agree to give up war with the Colonials in exchange for the ability to make skinjobs, then obviously they must have wanted to make skinjobs for some reason beyond infiltrating the enemy that they were prepared to stop fighting.

18. RoJoHen

Perhaps the Centurions believe the opposite of Cavil: that humanity is actually the next step in their evolution.

19. spocklives

spocklives Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Last night's episode was a doozy. What is the "Swirl"??

20. Gep Malakai

Some sort of kinky sex move referenced back in "Occupation" when Ellen and Cavil were...having...sex.

The brings up another point: so Ellen modeled John/Cavil after her father, raised him as her son, then ended up having sex with him (which they kept referencing in the episode). So now there's layers of creepy incest subtext to their relationship, too. Squick.