Mysteries You Lose Sleep Over

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Brent, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Saw this on another forum here for another show, thought it would fit here in this forum as well. What mysteries are burning in your loins. For me:

1.) What the Frak is Kara?
    2.) How do the Hybrids fit in to all of this?
    3.) What he Frak happened on Earth 2,000 years ago
    4.) Why/How is everyone on Earth a Cylon
    5.) How and Why did the final 5 survive 2,000 years ago to now

Your turn.

2. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Where's Ellen been for 18 Months? What's she been doing in that time? Assuming she resurrected right or close to after she done take the hemlock.

Sharr

3. xanderwess

xanderwess Commander Red Shirt

She has been busy frakking the frak out of that frakkin' Cavil. She liked it back on New Caprica, and she likes it now with her new body and new cooch. He likes it too......

4. MetroKid

MetroKid Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

She's be bumming around the spaceport on Picon.

5. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

In a civilization of over 20 billion, why would 4 of the 12 Cylon models be aboard (or at least recently aboard) a soon to be decommissioned Battlestar in the hours leading up to the attack?

Tigh, Tyrol, Boomer, Doral

Assuming you can't get away with too many Fives and Eights running around the Colonies prior to the attacks, I've always thought that was fishy. Why waste two of them on the Galactica? Did it have something to do with Tigh and Tyrol being aboard? I hope "The Plan" touches on this a little bit.

6. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Well, Doral and Boomer were there for sabotage. Doral knew he was, Boomer did not. They are many copies ;)...as we saw there was a Six on Caprica and a Six on Pegasus (and who knows where else). An older battlestar is still a potential threat, so their presence is no real mystery.

Tyrol and Tigh on the other hand...

7. The Evil Dead

^
    Yeah, plus Shelly Godfrey, etc. but how many copies of the same person can you get away with having run around the military before some notices? Especially since it seems a lot of them had been living these lives for years. You'd think sooner or later some like a Tyrol who had been transferred around a bit would notice the Boomer on Galactica and the "_____" Look and act the same.

I'm thinking the Cylons were somehow unknowingly drawn to Galactica on a subconscious level the same way the Final four were drawn to each other in Crossroads.

8. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think the Final Five are a separate case, given it seems there is only one "model on the road" at any given time.

For the Significant Seven that's a bit more problematic.

Sharr

9. The Evil Dead

^
    That's what I meant, I'm just a boob that is horrendous at trying to explain himself.

10. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

(1) There was only one copy of Sharon in the fleet, and she was on board the Galactica. Problem: why was she on-board such an insignificant ship? Possible solution: it wasn't networked, and the Cylons wanted insurance onboard. Counter-argument: Why didn't Boomer immediately act during the attack to destroy Galactica, then?

(2) The Cylons only recently infiltrated the colonies, and weren't expecting to be with the colonials for long, thus avoiding the discovery problem. Problem: Boomer certainly seemed to have been in the military for a while. Solution: It's just a fake backstory, and if anyone bothered to look at the records, they'd discover she hadn't been around for long.

11. Velocity

Velocity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Okay, what exactly are the Hybrids? Are they half cylon and half ship or what? They seem to have prophetic abilities, so does that mean that little Hera has similar abilities only she doesn't have to lay around soaking in a tub?

And most of all, who put the skinjobs together? Are the old-style cylons going to surprise us at the end by having more talents than are apparent? Maybe the skinjobs were (all together now) a "Secret Government Project".

12. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why is it so hard to get little details right? I am referring to the number of ships (~75 vs 35), number of humans killed in the initial attacks (20 billion vs 50 billion), and how long Adama was in command of Galactica before the attack (1 year vs 7 years). >.<

What's Boomer been up to since "Downloaded" and why the change of heart?

What was the plan anyways?

13. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Has the number of people killed in the attacks on the colonies ever actually been said on screen? The closest I can recall is Crossroads, and the reference was cut from the episode to the point of digitally altering the numbers on the white board at the trial, IIRC.

14. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

20 billion was established in "The Resistance" while 50 billion was said in "A Disquiet Follows My Soul".

15. Evil_Admiral

Evil_Admiral Commodore Commodore

1) What is Kara?

2) What/who is the Cylon god? Was it the prototype hybrid from Razor (thus confirming my "Cylon God in a bathtub" theory), or is God something else?

3) What exactly are the head Cylons/figures? Are they representations of the subconcious mind, or something else? If they are the subconcious mind, then how do we explain the foresight which Baltar's head-Six has repeatedly displayed?

4) What is the significance of the Opera House exactly?

16. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

1. What is Kara? Guess: She's precisely what she feared she was in the Season opener...eg. "they" (whoever 'they' are) copied her consciousness perfectly and put it in a replicated body. (Considering one of the characters in Caprica, this seems likely and rather ironic...Cylon technology, from a Colonial perspective, has come full circle...) She's the ultimate hybrid.

2. What is/are the Virtuals? Are they projections of the group consciousness of all the victims of the holocaust on Earth? Maybe one is conveying the desires of one side and the other the other side? Maybe there's a disconnect between the conscious minds of the Final Five and their unconscious minds and they reflect these? Are they sui generis?

17. the_wildcard

the_wildcard Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How is medication and products still being manufactured and distributed among the civillian fleet? Aren't they tired of using the same toothbrush and running out of toothpaste, floss and shaving cream!?

18. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Premium Member

Boomer's change of heart likely has to do with Athena and how she was eventually accepted as a member of the fleet. Athena literally stole Boomer's life, and she's pissed about it. I think most of Boomer's negative transformation comes out of hurt, so she's on Cavil's side of things because she knows she can never get her old Colonial life back.

It did happen rather suddenly, but you can infer that a lot of it happened behind the scenes.

19. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Perhaps Kara is Space Jesus.

My question is what does a Cylon bathroom look like and how does it operate? Surely, since they are indistinguishable from humans, they eat, drink, pee, and poop. Yet, their basestars are so different from human vessels in form that it would only be natural for their bathrooms to be just as different.

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Premium Member

^They project a bathroom in their minds.

In reality, there is poop all over the floor.