My first voyage with Voyager

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Qutluch, Apr 14, 2012.

1. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Who else can I say "Look at the ass on that 3rd baseman" about?

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd imagine MLB could tell you, though he might not want to.

3. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

MC Search?:lol:

4. Qutluch

Qutluch Commander Red Shirt

Coda (Should be named SpaceHogs Day or Death Becomes Her…or something similar)

Neelix arranged a talent show for the ship, and they make fun of Tuvok’s poetry reading. (I imagine it would be quite dull seeing how poetry often contains some element of emotion ((I kind of wish they would have begun the teaser with the last few lines of him reciting the poem))). Chakotay and Janeway take off on a shuttle, which experiences turbulence and Janeway is knocked out on the floor at the end of the teaser.

It was kind of a romantic scene when Chakotay saved Janeway’s life. When he held her chin after he saved her I thought he might go in for a kiss. Turns out the Vidiians shot them down, and they capture and kill Janeway….back to the shuttle craft. (I would like to have seen Janeway super pissed off that they killed her…since she remembers everything that happened on the planet anyway). After the second time loop Janeway and Chakotay are back on VOY, and the Doc tells Janeway she has the Phage, and then he euthanizes her…back to the ship.

Janeway’s “father” visits her and tells her that she is dead. He makes a comment about her being a spirit or ghost, or whatever you want to call it. He then goes on to say that they never believed those old stories and it turns out they are true. I think this is the closest to a religious comment (pertaining to Earth’s religions) that I have seen on Star Trek.

In the end, Janeway realizes her “father” is really an alien trying to trick her into dying. After she is safe she makes some rubbish comment that it will take a while to work through the experience emotionally…(if it does we will never see it). I kind of liked the very end when Janeway asks Chakotay to go boating with her to celebrate her being alive. I kind of felt that there was a little flirting going on between them; with Chakotay’s performance when she was dying, their time together on the shuttle craft when Janeway was so laid back and relaxed, and that finally boating invitation…more likely they are just developing a closer relationship as friends….

Favorite part: Chakotay and Janeway seemed to bond in this episode. They seemed like “real” characters with emotions and humor.

Least favorite part: Janeway’s comment about working through the experience emotionally. I know these are generally stand-alone episodes, but some continuity would be nice.

5. R. Star

This is another one of those episodes where you can tell it isn't real because Chakotay is acting so life like. :p

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

After Janeway died... Any of the times Janeway died... It's odd that Chakotay didn't look over his shoulder, make sure that no one is looking, and then do his "I'm the Captain, it's my birthday, I'm the captain" Dance.

7. Alpha Flyer

Alpha Flyer Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well -- this is the stuff that a gazillion of Janeway/Chakotay fan fiction is based on. "Lake George" is the second Holy Grail of J/Cers, right after "New Earth" (minus the disturbing monkey).

Much more interesting is the line that she utters during her "funeral" -- "I wonder whether Tom and B'Elanna will ever stop bickering and become true friends" (or something like that -- it's been a while since I've seen Coda; it's not a favourite). Take that together with the scene you commented on in Alter Ego -- the one where Ensign Vorik puts the moves on B'Elanna -- and you get a little arc that will make your ears burn in the next episode. :-)

Look forward to reading what you'll make of THAT one ...

8. teacake

[​IMG]

WORKING HARD AT THE FOREPLAY

9. Guy Gardener

Klingon nipples are underneath the breastplate.

10. teacake

And what do they look like? BURRS?!?

11. Guy Gardener

That's why they got the teeth like they do.

Mewlings have to eat through flesh and bone to get to the milk.

12. teacake

:guffaw:

Guess it grows back for subsequent mewlings? Or is the third child a weakling because the sustenance didn't need to be fought for?

13. Guy Gardener

Pulaski said that the Klingons have a redundant everything.

Otherwise Worf would still be a gimp.

besides, for the more noble houses that's what handmaidens are for.

14. teacake

Virgin nipples, to make your wee one a warrior.

15. Guy Gardener

Rom said something about when he was so young once that he still had his first set of ears.

You know how a beaver's front teeth keep growing no matter what?

That if a beaver stopped gnawing, wearing them down, that they could grow to be the size of a telephone pole?

What if Klingon nipples were like that?

If babies didn't chew them back while nursing, they'd keep growing until you could tie them together and jump rope?

Single women without children would probably use something like a electric belt sander to control this particular womans issue.

16. R. Star

Klingon nipples bite -you-

17. Guy Gardener

Well that's only fair.

If the nipples can't bite back, then the babies are just picking on the nipples.

18. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is kinda how I imagined an intimate relationship would be between the two of them. Him working hard as Hell and her, already bored and fast asleep.

19. teacake

^I have it from a reliable source, AKA my brain that this is exactly how it would have gone down.

20. Guy Gardener

So?

Ugly girls try harder, but who wants an ugly girl?