Music Episode List

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by ClassicTVMan81, Jun 22, 2011.

What Instrument Would Lt. Tasha Yar Have Played?

Poll closed Sep 20, 2011.
  1. Violin

2. Ressikan Flute

3. Cello

4. Trombone

0 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ClassicTVMan81

ClassicTVMan81 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Jun 22, 2011
    Milwaukie/Oak Grove, Oregon, US
    Could anyone please name all of the episodes of ST:TNG where one or more of the lead characters "play" certain musical instruments (e.g. Data on violin; Capt. Picard on the Ressikan Flute)? For starters, there's "Lessons," "The Inner Light," "Ensigns of Command" and "11001001."

Did Lt. Tasha Yar (Denise Crosby; we all know her father was famous as a musician) ever play a musical instrument on an ST:TNG episode before being written off after the end of the 2nd season? I also want to know if there were any rough drafts in any of the storylines that involved the character of Lt. Yar playing a musical instrument, before ultimately being changed to their final, well-known versions.

And how many of the lead characters "playing" their instruments actually have some training in other musical instruments?

~Ben (ClassicTVMan81)
  2. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Captain Captain

Jan 30, 2005
    New Vertiform City
    I have to give it to you, this is one random Tasha question.

For the record, she left near the end of the first season, not the second.

I'm not 100% sure that there never was a scene written in which she played a musical instrument - I'm only 99.89% sure. She was more of a fighter than an artist, and I don't see her on Turkana IV - taking a break from all that running away from rape gangs by having piano lessons.

To answer your other question, Picard also played the flute in A Fistful of Datas, and Riker played the Trombone in Second Chances.
  3. Eddie Roth

Eddie Roth Commodore Commodore

May 16, 2001
    As I recall, Tasha never played an instrument.

And there was a scene early in The Ensigns of Command (Season 3) where O'Brien plays... the violin (?) in Ten Forward with Data and some other crewmembers.