Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGodBen, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Damn, that looks difficult. We totally have to do a raid.

2. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure if I'd be a fan of an end on a server. Seems rather pointless for something that's persistent and ongoing.

3. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Its not really an end, its more a goal. As far as I understand, when you defeat the dragon, you can take the portal back to the spawn point of your world (via a ridiculous "end credits" of sorts, which Yogscast brilliantly lampoons) and you just carry on as normal.

One thing I'm interested in finding out, is if all the strongholds lead to the same end and you can only fight the dragon once, or if there are multiple Ends and/or Dragons so you can do it over again.

4. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

That battle looks like something thatd definitely require multiple people, with flying potions and a ton of arrows :lol:

5. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

[yt]v=UfsPdhekTVA[/yt]

I know one mod I'm going to be getting after the full version is released. No more massive constructions just to open a door.

6. Robert Maxwell

So, I made a video of the rail line on our server. Might do some "detail" videos later, going into some of the buildings (like Pixelania), but this will do as a tease:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3JLoqJnzGo[/yt]

7. Owain Taggart

Awesome video, Robert :) The only thing I would have done differently would have been with a different texture pack that has more colour.

8. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have made a appearance on the server :)

9. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Saved the best name till last, I see. ;) You know, I meant to investigate upgrading those rail stations with redstone circuitry so that you don't keep needing to change tracks all the time, but then 1.8 came out and by the time the server was updated I had lost interest in the game again. I'm not sure how well it would work on a server, but it would be mightily convenient.

10. Robert Maxwell

Well, you're always welcome to pop in and try it out. ;)

It was nice seeing you around today, DH!

11. Owain Taggart

It would be really nice to see upgraded rails :)

12. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes indeed. If anyone has a better design for the station, please feel free to give it a try. These were laid out back when powered rail was a brand new thing and this seemed like the simplest way to do them. Honestly, Minecarts would be so much easier if they didn't require a block to push off from.

Still, I'm proud of my rail line. It looks so different using a different texture pack. Thanks for putting it up boss!

Edit: What happened to the rail at the 6 minute mark? Endermen?

In other news, am I just slow or have the door/chest and bow sound effects changed recently?

13. Robert Maxwell

I got stopped by a skeleton arrow, actually. If there's a shot arrow on the track, it will stop the cart. I didn't even know that until yesterday. :lol:

They did change some sound effects this weekend. Doors/chests, and also the explosion sound from ghast fireballs. Didn't know about the bow, though!

14. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll look into upgrading the stations if I get time, the thing I'm worried about is whether there'll be room under the stations to handle the circuitry. That little blocks mod would come in handy for things like this.

15. Robert Maxwell

Well, there's nothing wrong with reconfiguring the station layouts if that's necessary.

I'm reluctant to install something like Little Blocks, as cool as that mod is. Doesn't it require that the client be modded, as well? That's the sort of thing I am against. If it worked transparently as a server mod, I would probably be okay with it. I noticed the forum thread for it indicates it doesn't work so well for SMP, though. :(

16. Owain Taggart

Ahh, I thought the game was playing tricks on me with the new sound. I thought I was hearing things differently, but I wasn't quite sure! Must have been a stealth update.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about having to modify the stations in any way. That's what's great about seeing things evolve. Some will have to be modified drastically though to make it flow better. The one from my place to the lower floor of one of the stations, for example. With a little work, we likely wouldn't need two floors, unless we want to keep it that way. Some configurations make sense due to the direction the rails are in.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  17. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Having a odd issue, running windows 7, top line computer (quad core, 550 Ti graphics, 4 gigs ram) and after about 2 mins Minecraft slows to a crawl. Does anyone have any ideas?

18. Robert Maxwell

Have you tried installing the OptiFine mod? That has been known to quell performance issues for a lot of people.

19. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

Does your computer have multiple graphics cards? If so it may be using the wrong one.

20. Owain Taggart

Make sure you're not using an HD texture pack that is 256 or 150. That can really slow things down as I've experienced. I bumped things back to 64 with the same pack and it runs much better now.

Also, have they nerfed thunderstorms? I keep seeing lots of rain, but thunderstorms don't seem to happen as often as they used to. I kind of miss it.