Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGodBen, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah. Imagine you're one of those guys who build working redstone CPUs and one Enderman removes something out of your circuit. Finding the error would be an absolute pain in the ass.

2. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is a surprise: 1.9 pre-release is coming today. Further adventure elements will come in 1.10.

3. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Well, it was supposed to be 1.8.2, but I guess since it's adding new features they decided to make it 1.9. Makes sense. And having two major releases in the span of a couple weeks should make up for the months between 1.7 and 1.8. :p

4. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

5. Robert Maxwell

Meanwhile, mere hours ago, Bukkit for 1.8.1 came out. :lol: Those Bukkit guys must be flipping their shit right now.

6. Kimi3013

Kimi3013 Captain Captain

1.9pre is terrible D:<. You can't keep jumping by holding space down. Terrible change.

7. TheGodBen

Found one! :D

[​IMG]

These NPCs are just placeholders for now and don't do anything. Two types, ones with brown jackets (pictured) and ones with white jackets. They all have the same "name" right now.

Swamps look much more like swamps now but their borders are very abrupt. I haven't found any new biomes yet nor gone to the Nether.

8. Cutter John

9. Robert Maxwell

Would look scarier if it was the lit jack-o-lantern.

10. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Is it just me or does it look like a monk? A Monk sporting a unibrow? Kind of looks like Bert... :lol:

Oh, and I kind of liked the snowman head before. The texture pack I use, Sphax BD, replaces the pumpkin with a rune, so unless they replace it back with a pumpkin, I'd have something that doesn't make very much sense.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  11. Cutter John

I might just hold off on installing this one til the official release. I need to figure out what I did to remove all the particle effects (explosions and arrow sparkles) when I changed textures.

You gonna update the server to 1.8 Robert?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  12. Robert Maxwell

This weekend, hopefully. I'll do the prune and all that jazz. I also need to make sure the plugins we use are 1.8 compatible.

13. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

I wonder what "Testificate" means, if anything at all. It's probably some weird term Notch or Jeb or somebody made up as a quick way to reference them in the code, but I'm kind of thinking, since they look like they might be judges, that maybe "testificating" might be part of a legal system in a well-developed NPC social structure. Something to think on.

Edit: Just watched some YouTube vids showing off some new Nether content, including the two new monsters and NETHER DUNGEONS!!1! Jesus, I hope I get a faster computer soon, because I bet combat is suddenly going to be much more fun than it has been for pretty much all of Minecraft's existence until recently.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  14. Robert Maxwell

I have a new-ish computer, and I definitely vouch for combat being more fun under the new system. Critical hits, blocking--combat is more dynamic and tactical now.

15. Owain Taggart

I might have to start playing on my MacBook as my main computer bogs down too much while playing this lately.

16. Cutter John

Hmmm, what're youir specs Owain?

My 5 yr old machine (2.8 ghz dual core, 4 gb ram, 9800GT gpu) only seems to bog down when I have another program running in the background. My web browser in particular. If I close that the game runs fine.

17. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

My Dell machine is pretty old, I'm sure, and besides it's running Vista. :ouch: If you want it to do something, it'll do it the way a disgruntled McDonald's worker would: grumbling, shuffling their feet, and spitting in your hamburger.

18. Owain Taggart

My main computer, the one I spend most of my time on isn't even a dual core, unlike my MacBook. So, it's more than 5 years old, I think. It's not even so much the game, but the way Java uses memory that really bogs things down. I haven't been playing lately due to that, and I only feel it will get worse with more of the changes that have happened. It's getting to be a pretty demanding game.

19. Robert Maxwell

Hey guys, in case you missed the announcement on the other forum, our server is on 1.8.1 now. So, have fun!

20. TheGodBen

I've been searching for a snow or a mushroom biome for about six hours in 1.9pre (in a test world) and still haven't found anything. :lol:

The new Nether content is great, it makes the place much more interesting, but there's still no extra reward from it. There's ghast tears, blaze rods and nether wart, but none of those things have a use yet. Hopefully we wont be waiting a year for them to have a use like we did with slime balls. Also, I hope they add a way to manufacture nether brick using netherrack.