Minbari vs. Klingon

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Dingo, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Fastwalker

Fastwalker Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

That still does not prove Klingons are better warriors than Minbari. Quite the opposite.

Granted Klingons are cool. Their ships are great looking. Bat'leths are sweet. And they bring fear to their enemies. But, IMHO, Minbari outclasses Klingons any day.

Read the previous posts, including mine. If you disagree, then please state your case. Refrain from name calling. Minbari may be cold fish but they have feelings too.

From what i've observed, any well-trained, stuck-up cold fish would prevail against a foe who directly charges at them with blasters and swords. These cold fish see their combat training not as a job nor a way of life. They see combat training as a religion and praises Valen's name while doing it. That's what makes the Minbari more effective fighters.

Fighting directly with as much force as you can looks cool. But its not practical. Combat is about outmaneuvering your opponent while inflicting the most damage with as minimal effort. Skill and ingenuity outstrips brute force any day.

As for Klingon bat'leth versus Minbari fighting pike, my vote is for the fighting pike. There's quite an advantage with a bo staff against a sword. Ever heard of the story about the great swordsman and the farmer with a staff? Same analogy.

2. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

They don't have transporters or shields (that I know of) so no they are not, not to mention that in the B5 universe nukes are still the big thing while their old news and obsolete in trek.

3. Lieut. Arex

Lieut. Arex Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

they fight in swarms of twelve

4. The Borg Queen

The Borg Queen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Klingons just zerg rush everything while Minbari use actual tactics.

5. Ríu ríu chíu

Ríu ríu chíu Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mr. Laser Beam is in the visitor's bullpen
    People who think that Klingons are dumb should check out Martok. He's definitely not stupid.