Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Your best bet then is to check out the wiki as I'm sure there will be a page dedicated to the war assets. Otherwise, it's probably better to discuss the details over on the endings spoiler thread.

Unlike ME2, if you start a new game in ME3 Bioware have pre-crafted the a background story for with the plot flags. I don't know if changes depending on which combination background/service history you pick (though that would be cool), or if it's the same regardless. Either way, I'm sure they've left players with a fair chance at still getting 4000 points.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I think the only thing I really picked was my background (war hero / sole survivor / by any means necessary), I picked war hero, and who you sacrificed (Ashley / Kaiden / Various), I picked Kaiden.

So far, apparently I've gotten random characters instead of
    Jack and Wrex at Grissom Academy and uh whatever the Krogan stuff was. I did get Mordin though!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^Mate, you might want to put that in spoiler tags.

4. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's how it worked in ME2 as well, if you don't download the "Mass Effect: Genesis" DLC comic for making the choices.

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^Yes and no. Starting a new game sans 'Genesis' gives you a state where all the plot flags are basically set to null. So Wrex dies on Virmire, the council isn't saved, Shi'ala isn't spared, none of the sidequests are done etc. etc... I think the only exception is with the VS and who that is is determined by which gender you choose for Shepard. The result was fairly unbalanced towards the renegade end of things.

In ME3 they actually went through all the plot flags and hand picked all the different options to give a more balanced and deeper backstory for new players. That's why some ME2 squadmates are still alive while others aren't.

6. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

I don't know exactly what your game is going to look like, but I do know that an imported game states exactly what you missed and didn't miss and modifies your military strength accordingly. For example, since I didn't play the arrival dlc for ME2 my military strength was lower than someone who did. Furthermore, since I fully upgraded my ship in ME2 I gained some additional points in ME3. My character also started out at a higher level as a result.

7. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I noticed this too.. i played ME1 on a friends' 360 and ME2 on my PC and only now have my own 360 so i don't have any saves to import (and definitely don't have the time to replay 1 and 2 prior to the game).

It seems that apart from the choice who to leave behind in ME1, Alenko or Williams, the game made its' own choices what happened in previous games or i didn't notice the changes through my actions. For example a buddy of mine met Jack on a side mission and i never did whereas i had a side mission where i met Jacob and he didn't.

Edit:

Just tried a MP match at gold level and my god that was hard.. way too hard for my taste but the rewards are big. Lasted to wave 8 and it's incredible what get's thrown at you at this level. And Cerberus Phantoms are most likely the hardest enemy to fight.. extremely agile and very hard hitting (every character goes down after 2-3 strikes at most).

8. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Emergency induction port :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

9. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

The multiplayer portion of this game was originally being developed by BioWare Montreal as a separate multiplayer FPS, titled Mass Effect Team Assault during its four-month development period before retooled into the ME3 multiplayer.

Oh, I had forgotten that bit! Thanks for reminding me. Drunk Tali is hilarious.

10. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah that whole scene was hilarious.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Spoilers for the ending of Priority Tuchanka:

I'm confused. Eve died without me doing anything. The site talks about IF Eve died. Why wouldn't she die? Something to do with me not having my previous game files?

Also, apparently I'm to be given the option of preventing Mordin's suicide run. But this never happened for me. I was watching the scene quite closely, and I thought I saw a Paragorn Prompt for about a half second, but before I could react it was gone again. Is that what it was? I think my game glitched or something it was literally half a second. Is it bad for the end game that Mordin died?

12. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Eve will die if you did not save Maelon's data on the genophage during Mordin's loyalty mission in ME2, because in ME3 Mordin will be attempting to create a cure based on incomplete and faulty information.

As far as I'm aware, the only way to stop Mordin from ascending the Shroud facility to spread the cure is if Wrex died in ME1 and Eve dies in ME3. Without those two alive, apparently you can convince him that the krogan cannot (or should not?) be saved, and he will join the Crucible project as a War Asset. This is my understanding based on what I've read online; I haven't been in a position to confirm it first-hand.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

^

Ugh. I really hate the way I'm being penalized for not having my old hard drive. They seriously should have had an option for people who played the game but on a different hard drive, to input the choices they made back in the day.

I mean seriously, with all the RRODs out there, how many people are going to have their original 360 from 2007????

14. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

That's something i talked about with a friend of mine who finished his game too today but who got previous saves (at least ME2, his first Box RRO'ed). We agreed that there should have been an option for people who only played ME3 to have personal choices done at the start of the game.. maybe with a special Spoiler mention to people who want to play 1 and 2 after they have finished ME3.

Have short cutscenes explain key plot points from the first games and then make a choice what you want to happen and incorporate these choices in ME3.

However it is as it is.. i just don't have the time as a man with a job and other interests to replay 3 extensive games just to see some different cutscenes in a game.. for that there's Youtube ;)

15. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't, but I just transferred the saves from ME2 with a USB stick. :shrug:

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Sounds complicated. Do I have to unplug my old hard drive from my old 360 and plug it into the new one and do something then unplug it and put in the new one? What if I don't have the old one anymore? It's too much work man :sobs:

17. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It depends. Is your old Xbox dead? If so, did you replace it with one of the new slim models? If not, just plug the old HD and the USB stick into the new console, transfer the saves to the USB stick, turn off the Xbox, plug in the new HD and transfer the saves over from the USB. It shouldn't take any longer than 5 minutes. Here's a guide on how to transfer the files.

If your new console is one of the slim ones then it's considerably more complicated and probably involves a screwdriver, if it's even possible at all.

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm already like 12 hours into the game, though. I'm not gonna start over at this point. But thanks :)

19. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

Gotta tell ya, i never though this game could be any batter than ME2, because that was a masterpiece. But bloody hell, this game is epic.

Although, I gotta say that I'm slightly afraid of logging on to fanfiction.net right now. I don't want to know what they can cock, pardon... cook up with the EDI/Joker pairing...

20. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

So, I'm looking at being able to get ME3 towards the end of the month, or early April. But I was curious about something. Is the ending as terrible as I've heard? I mean, granted, I have learned a long time ago to take internet complaints with a grain of salt and just find out for myself, which I will, but I was wondering what peoples opinions are on this. And you don't have to worry about spoilers on my behalf, so be as open as you like.