Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheBrew, Jan 22, 2010.

1. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

Feros was the least interesting of the core planets anyway.

2. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

You should get the official Mako Mountain Climbing Team t-shirt.

[​IMG]

Sadly, it's no longer available over at the BioWare store.

[​IMG]

3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Given that the scientist mentioned in the new achievements is the one in that last Cerberus News story before it shut down--the one who "discovered" the Mass Relays are older than the Protheans--I'd say it's most likely Reaper related. ;)

What I find interesting is it looks like they may be playing with some kind of sneaky MGS-esq stealth mechanic. Nice to see them changing things up a bit.

..and then fall right off it again...

I know we've had this discussion already but really, my only problem with the Mako had more to do with the design of the terrain than the vehicle itself...once you learn how to control the bumper-car-crossed-with-a-shopping-trolly handling.

With the hammerhead they just way over compensated and actually made it a little worse in most ways.

Hey, Feros was VITAL! It's where you get to acquire yet another Asari groupie! Seriously, what is it with Asari and Shepard? They're either out to kill him/her or desperate to get into his/her armour. ;)

4. Artemis

Artemis Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It's a charisma/aura thing. *rolls eyes*

In the Kasumi dlc, when Shepard talks to the kasumi advertisment, she says she could tell he/she is the real Shepard because of the "aura". I mean...wtf?

Got an urge to bang my head against the table.

(It just occured to me that kasumi might have been sarcastic. In that case, ignore me.)

5. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We are talking about the same player character who glows when they max out paragon/renegade, right? ;)

6. Artemis

Artemis Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Are we? Who glows? I glow? I mean, shep glows? As in sparkle?

7. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Certainly as a renegade, unless you buy the medbay upgrade on your ship...

8. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I think Kasumi was taking the piss somehow. However there was that Asari that delivers the Rachni queen's message, I think she waffled something about recognising Shepard's aura.

If course I can't complain too much because if the opportunity arises, at least one of my Shepards fully intends to have a fling with that ex-commando from Feros...probably my male renegade Shep. That bloke's a complete dog. He's already done it with Jack, seduced Miranda only to go cheat on her with Tali.

You know I can't help but wonder if they'll maintain that mechanic for ME3 or just leave the scaring as-is and do something different. If the former then by the end of the game a renegade won't have much of a face left! Come to think of it, they'd be somewhat similar to Saren; perhaps that was intentional? Never occurred to me before.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  9. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Managed to stop playing DA2 long enough to notice some new Mass Effect 2 DLC has been announced for release in just over a week's time. There's also a few screenshots on the official site. Not much to be gleaned from them save that some of the action will take place on the outside of a ship close to an active relay...and Hackett finally gets a face!

10. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was thinking of uninstalling ME2 but this final DLC will make me delay that for a bit.

11. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

And more of money goes to BioWare :lol:

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Awesome! I didn't realize they were going to be releasing it so soon. I wonder if this is going to be the final piece of bridging DLC released before ME3.

And yay, Hackett has a face now! I hope that means he'll have a more prominent role in ME3. Hackett was cool. :techman:

13. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ It is the last story DLC they'll be doing for ME2. Confirmation here, 4th post down.

14. Skywalker

Cool, thanks. :techman:

15. Skywalker

Cool, thanks. :techman:

16. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Anyone remember when the Cerberus Daily News was supposed to start up again? I *think* it was to be a week prior to the new DLC release so that would make it this Tuesday onwards, yes?

17. Skywalker

Yeah, it's a week before the DLC releases. Then it'll start up again two weeks before ME3 hits.

18. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yay, Hackett finally shows up in person. Which is nice since he's the only/one of the only Alliance military character(s) (depending on what you do with Anderson) who still trusts you.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is Hackett a character from ME1? I've only played 2 and I don't recognize the name.

20. Skywalker

Yeah, he's from ME1. He's an Alliance admiral, voiced by Lance Henriksen, who gives you various assignments as you're exploring the galaxy.