Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheBrew, Jan 22, 2010.

1. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

Who else pumped for this game? I've seen a few trailers and gameplay vids and recently went through Mass Effect on Hardcore again to build a female to import.

Only thing that sucks is that it comes out in the middle of the week and work is going to take me away from it. :(

2. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've got it on pre-order so I guess that may give you some idea:).

Got a couple of decent-ish characters to run through it with though I may try and get another ready in time.

3. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just bought Mass Effect 1 as my first ever foray into the world of gaming. I've only played it for a few hours so far, but i'm highly impressed, so I can only imagine how good Mass Effect 2 might be.

Last time I got into a computer game heavily was 1080 snowboarding on the N64, so i'm not exactly what you'd call a big gamer.

4. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I've got it on pre-order - something I never would have done if I hadn't taken a risk on the Xbox 360 version being better than the god awful, buggy, uncontrollable mess the PC version was.

5. TheBrew

The PC version that bad? Been trying to get a friend into it, but he stopped playing the PC version. I actually bought another copy of the 1st game for a playthrough since I couldn't find my old copy (I think I accidentally sold it). It was only $15 and that is worth it for the 20 hours I spent on my 2nd playthrough.

6. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I preordered the Collector's Edition for the Xbox from Gamestop to get the M-490 Blackstorm. Everything I've seen tells me I won't regret it.

7. Pingfah

I read a lot of reviews before I bought the first one, and the general consensus seemed to be that it was one of the most outstanding games you could play on a PC.

8. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

On the bioware forums (amongst others) there were people who suffered from bugs & a lot of crashes.

For my first run through, my processor was underpowered, but I had more memory than required and didn't get a single crash. When I upgraded my pc I ran into one crash, but that was fixed by a driver update. It did seem a little fussy with regards to Nvidia drivers though.

9. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

The game crashed repeatedly on me, or I'd just get stuck in the game's many lift sequences. I don't think it's an issue of video card drivers as mine were always up to date and I switched from a nVidia GeForce 7900GT card to an ATI Radeon 4650 as I was playing and it made no difference. My old games PC was well above the recommended spec.

Aside from that, the PC version's control scheme just didn't work for me. It really needed to allow you to play the game with a Xbox 360 controller with the same control scheme as the console.

Thankfully, I took a risk on the Xbox 360 version. Only cost me £11 and I'm very pleased I bought it.

10. Pingfah

^ Actually, the first time I loaded the game it crashed immediately when I went into the control panel. I DLed the updates though and it has run smoothly since. One of the updates specifically mentioned it was to fix the lift issue. I find the keyboard controls quite manageable.

But as I say, it's the first game I ever played on a PC so I don't have much frame of reference as to what to expect.

11. Arrqh

Arrqh Vice Admiral Admiral

I've never had any crashes or problems with the PC version, nor has everyone else I know who has played it on PC. I actually prefer the controls on the 360 version though, which is a rarity for me.

Anyway, this thread needs more videos!
    Mass Effect 2 Launch Trailer

12. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

CANNOT WAIT for it thought won't pre order it because money won't go into account till wednesday midnight so won't arrive by friday. Probably will go into next town on train and pick it up from Gamestation.

13. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

My anticipation for this could not be higher. I've got it pre-ordered with release date delivery from Amazon.

14. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looking forward to this game but my computer is pretty piss weak so I'll hold off until I get a new computer.

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Agh, I was gonna start a thread about this today! Curses! :scream: :lol:

Yeah, I loved ME1 to pieces, so I'm seriously pumped for ME2. It's by far my most anticipated game this year. I actually waited too long to pre-order the Collector's Edition on Amazon, and they were all sold out of the Xbox 360 version by the time I got there. :eek: So I checked back a couple days later, and lo and behold, they were offering one more copy! Needless to say I picked it up quick fast and in a hurry before anyone else could. :D

I've got a Paragon male Vanguard Shepard, a Paragon female Infiltrator Shepard, and a Renegade female Adept Shepard all ready to transfer over for ME2. I tried to do another playthrough a couple weeks ago, but I think I played the game so much that I just got burned out, because I only managed about an hour before I stopped. :lol:

16. TheBrew

17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I think this might be my first ever buy-new game. I figure I get it on Amazon, get $10 off a future game purchase, get some free armor apparently, play it and sell it back on Marketplace for like $50. I usually end up playing a game 6-12 months after it comes out... how long does it take for the online walkthroughs to get made? 'Cause I rely extensively on them, I hate wandering around myself trying to figure out what to do.

18. TheBrew

Gamefaqs.com usually has walkthroughs out soon after the game comes out. They aren't that complete, but will probably be up the part you are stuck at.

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I just pre-ordered it! Woot! So if I order it Saturday morning is there a chance I'd get it on Tuesday?

20. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have it on pre-order but I honestly have to say (takes cover) I don't see what all the fuss is about.

I recently started playing the first game, got about 5 hrs in and thought it was just ...O.K.

Maybe it's just me but nothing about the game screams "THE IS THE BESTEST GAME IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD" Like a lot of folks, friends included keep telling me it is.

Maybe it's just my lack of RPG play as it's not on the top of game play type list , I dunno.

I can say I thoroughly enjoyed Oblivion so....