Loved Trek Characters You Just Don't Like

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Bry_Sinclair, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Kinokima

Kinokima Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Jul 2, 2013
    I think Spock is probably the most popular and iconic character of Star Trek. He's a great character and there really wasn't anyone like him when Trek came out. He is absolutely integral to Star Trek, at least TOS. So yeah I don't understand anyone who doesn't like him (although I like McCoy more ;) )

Granted I never understood character hate to begin with (probably why I should have stayed out of this thread lol).

There are characters I am indifferent too, but I can't say I hate any character. If I hate a character it more has to do with the writing than that character. And if I don't like the writing it is usually for more than one character.
  2. LilyThompson

LilyThompson Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Jul 27, 2013
    Tennessee, U.S.A.
    We think alike. I agree with every word you said except McCoy. I like him and Spock equally.:vulcan::hugegrin:
  3. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jun 15, 2012
    Spock's all right. I do think he gets way more hype than he delivers on though. I'm talking about Nimoy Spock. Quinto Spock is just meh.
  4. Mareika

Mareika Captain Captain

Jul 7, 2006
    Ask the thousands of J/C`s.;);)

I wouldn`t say "hate", but I don`t like so much:
    O`Brien, Tasha Yar, Troi, Kes, Chekov, Quark, Sulu
  5. 1001001

1001001 I Like the Beats and the Shouting Moderator

Nov 3, 2001
    People's Gaypublic of Drugafornia
    Hell, even Robert Beltran didn't love Chakotay!

6. Sigokat

Sigokat Commander Red Shirt

:) I don't know for sure, I just do not like him. Whenever an O'Brien 'centric episode would come on DS9 I would groan and suffer through...that is if I didn't fall asleep.

I also don't care much for the actor, so I'm sure that has something to do with it as well.