Lou Scheimer, Filmation co-founder RIP

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by cylkoth, Oct 19, 2013.

1. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Jan 16, 2003
  2. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Feb 5, 2001
    Tucson, AZ
    Goodbye Bat-Mite. Goodbye, Orko. Goodbye, Lou. Goodbye, treasured piece of my childhood. :(
  3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Vice Admiral Admiral

Aug 23, 2003
    Tacoma, Washington
    RIP, sir.:(
  4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Feb 27, 2002
    Very saddened to have come across this news the other day. He will be remembered for being a treasured piece of my childhood as well. "Good Journey Lou" and thank you.
  5. js

js Captain Captain

Jul 28, 2000
    RIP. So many fun shows came from Filmation. Including the animated Trek.
  6. Mysterion

Mysterion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jun 28, 2001
    SB-31, Daran V
    Thanks for Ark II, Space Academy, and Jason of Star Command. Made looking forward to Saturday morning that much better.
  7. Ra's Al Goa'uld

Ra's Al Goa'uld Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oct 23, 2008
    Before Star Trek or Star Wars I was a fan of He-Man, and I still am to this day.

Rest in peace, Lou.
  8. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Sep 19, 2010
    east coast United States
    R.I.P. Lou Scheimer.:sigh: My boyhood in the '70s was filled with many happy memories of Saturday mornings of Filmation animated and live-action series.
  9. Captain Atkin

Captain Atkin Captain Captain

Dec 31, 2009
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    About 3 years ago, I had dinner with Lou's daughter Erika while attending a convention in LA. Lou was invited to the dinner but was unable to come due to his declining health. I never met the man in person, but had hoped that I would get the chance someday. I was a huge fan of the "Masters of the Universe" cartoon growing up. The success of that popular toyline can all be attributed to Lou, who took a silly barabrian/sci-fi fantasy concept, and turned it into something special. He made He-Man and She-ra into real heroes for kids to look up too. He will be greatly missed.