Looking for TOS Kelvin schematic?

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by ghoyle1, Mar 23, 2011.

1. ghoyle1

ghoyle1 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I remember someone, possibly Vance, once had a schematic of a TOS version of the USS Kelvin online here, but I can't seem to locate it now. I'd appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,

Guy

2. Bell'Orso

Bell'Orso Lieutenant Red Shirt

I happen to have a b&w schematic that Vance once did of his idea of what a prime-TOS version of the Kelvin would look like saved to my files. I'm not aware of him having done a colourized version of it and I've checked his new site and Cygnus-X1 and it's on neither site, so I guess there really is only the b&w version. I'm sure vance won't object to me passing my copy along, so just pm me your E-Mail addy or something.

3. ghoyle1

I can't remember how to PM someone on this sytem so please just send the schematic to ghoyle at sbcglobal.net. Thank you very much!

Guy

4. ghoyle1

oops, make that ghoyle1, not just ghoyle

5. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

This the one you're looking for? It's the Faraday-class Explorer.

[​IMG]

Here's an "older" variant - the Maxwell-class Explorer:

[​IMG]

...and another one - Roentgen-class Explorer:

[​IMG]

6. ghoyle1

That's close bu I don't think it's exactly the one I recall. The one I recall had a TOS-style nacelle (maybe the Pike-era or 2nd pilot era variant), and the secondary hull had a hagar art, but the proprtions seem pretty good. The slimmer secondary hull works best with a TOS Kelvin; the Constitution-class secondary hull mwould make it look topheavy.

7. Vance

Vance Vice Admiral Admiral

I should have my Kelvin somewhere in my files. I'll see if I can't find it today or tomorrow and get it up on Jaynz as a regular update thingie.

8. Bell'Orso

Bell'Orso Lieutenant Red Shirt

Sorry it took so long, but I finally got around to sending that e-mail. Did it arrive alright? If it did, is that the ship you are looking for?

EDIT 1: Just checked my e-mail, apparently it is the right pic. Glad to have been able to help.
    EDIT 2: Would that be the old b&w version, Vance, or perhaps a new one, maybe even coloured? *crosses fingers*

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  9. ghoyle1

Thanks, Vance! That's a great interpretation, and I don't think I've ever seen the secomdary hull in one of your toolkits. That would also be perfect for the twin secondary hulls om a TOS version of the nuTrek USS Mayflower.