Looking for Avatar Help? Check here!

Discussion in 'Web Sites/Design' started by Guest, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

can anyone help me?

2. STIntergalactic

STIntergalactic Captain Captain

I'm not to bright with these Avatars...could somebody please fix mine so that either the white bars on top and bottom of my AV are gone, or make them blue to blend in with the board?

I'd really appreciate it.

3. Starscape

Starscape Commodore Fan Art Challenge Winner

Sorry, it's taken so long... my first attempts to cut it down to size didn't go too well and then I was distracted by other things.
    Anyway, better late than never, right? ;) Here you go:

[​IMG]

And here's ST_Intergalactic's:

[​IMG]

4. STIntergalactic

STIntergalactic Captain Captain

Thank you so much. Everytime I've tried to do that I've messed it up in ways you can't even begin to understand.

5. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Hey folks!
    It's been a while since I have decided to purchase Jasc Animation in order to extract vids and convert them into avatars and whatnots. But unfortunately, Jasc has been bought by Corel. I checked Corel's website and among the various products displayed, I can't tell which version of Paint Shop Pro contains Jasc...
    Could you please help me out?
    Thanks.

6. Alidar Jarok

Awesome, you rock. It'll be my av as soon as Christmas is over.

7. Starscape

^^You're welcome. :D

I have PSP7 so I know that one comes with Animation Shop. A quick google search for "paint shop pro animation shop" reveals that PSP9 also comes with it.

Check out reviews of later versions online. I found a review on Amazon from a guy that had upgraded from PSP7 to XI and was complaining that Animation Shop was not included with the later release.

I suppose you check out any demo versions avaliable for download, too.

Good Luck.

8. GHS

GHS Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

First off, thanks SO much for the people who contributed to this thread. I've been banging my head against a wall trying to figure this stuff out?

I'm used to working with the old Snappy software to grab frames off of movies by linking the DVD/VHS player to the computer with the Snappy device. My question is, is a piece of hardware required to accomplish this, or are there software programs that allow you to grab the image off the disk in the DVD drive on the computer? If so, will it let you grab frames from an official release, or must it be some disk that was recorded off TV? I assume that with a VHS image, you'd stuck using some device like a Snappy unless you can copy it onto DVD

9. Starscape

Yes and yes. There's DVD-playing software for PC's, such as PowerDVD and WinDVD, that will allow you to capture an image whilst playing (or pausing) a DVD. There are even ways you can try fiddling with Windows Media Player settings to allow the use of the printscreen key, but it doesn't always work.
    I can't recall ever having a problem capturing an image from an official DVD release, I'd don't think the copy protection (usually) goes to such extremes.

Right again. You need some kind of video input on your computer either from a video capture device or tv card/software.

Hope that helps. :)

10. estrea

estrea Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello,

I have read all the threads, gone to Imageshack, gone to Photobucket, downloaded EasyThumbnails. I have cropped my AV, I have uploaded it twice and I'm still getting "Improper File something" ...It's a .jpg and well under the limits/parameters. Please help. Thanks a million.

11. Starscape

Is your problem uploading it to Imageshack/Photobucket or getting it to show up in the BBS?
    If it's the latter can you post a link to the avatar, so we can take a look at the file? Just in case there's something you've missed.

12. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

estrea, my understanding seems to be (although I could be wrong) that the avs are currently uploaded to the board itself, rather than from a webspace. So if you're trying to paste a URL from Photobucket, then you might be getting an upload error.

13. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been reading some of the posts here. I have a question... Is anyone ELSE seeing my avatar besides me? I hope so.

14. Alidar Jarok

I know I only come in here asking for avatar help, but let's see if someone can work their magic with this one (it might be hard, I'm not sure, but any help would be appreciated):

[​IMG]

I'm continuing my crazy bird theme ;)

15. Starscape

Hey, it's what this thread is for. ;)

You really do pick difficult ones, don't you. :eek:

Well, I found a larger video of this on the 'net, I thought if I could zoom in on the main action it might cut down on the file size, but I still had to be savage with the number of frames to get get it down below the limit. How's this for a fairly bare-bones version:

[​IMG]

16. Alidar Jarok

Ooh cool, awesome :D

17. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

I apologise if this has been said before but what is the maxium size for a avatar picutre? also would hosting a avatar on photobucket make it appear.
    i know I still have a way to go yet but i was just getting things ready (kinda like to plan ahead)

18. Starscape

The maximum avatar size is 140x140 and must be < 70 kB. TrekBBS now hosts your av for you and can upload it straight from your computer.

To do that, go to the top of this page click on the "User CP" (User Control Panel) link, then select "Edit Avatar" from the menu on the left. That will take you to a page where you can upload your av.

It's fairly straight forward, but if you need any more help just ask. :)

19. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

ok thanks

20. IJD GAF

IJD GAF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was just wondering if I could get my avatar background transparent-ized. I wouldn't know where to start doing that sort of thing.