Life Imitates the Simpsons

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by the G-man, Oct 3, 2012.

1. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

London's Daily Telegraph:

Two men have been banned from an all-you-can-eat restaurant after their appetites left the manager fearing for the future of his business

George Dalmon, a former rugby player, and his friend Andy Miles were banned from all-you-can-eat restaurant, Gobi, In Brighton, after the manager branded them "a couple of pigs," . . .

The manager, who did not want to be named, said the two friends were eating him out of business. He said: "Basically they just come in and pig out. We have put up with them for two years but I've had enough.

"They are in such a hurry to beat everyone to the food they spoil everything. We are supposed to be a buffet but they eat everything out of the bowls before people can get there. We just can't keep doing this."​

Tis no man, tis a remorseless eatin' machine...

2. cultcross

cultcross Janitor of the Mind Palace Moderator

This is the most blatant case of false advertising since my suit against the movie The Neverending Story...

3. the G-man

My favorite Lionel Hutz line of all time! RIP Phil Hartman

4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Admiral Admiral

The last paragraph "They are in such a hurry to beat everyone to the food they spoil everything." has me thinking there's more to this than someone taking "all you can eat" literally.

I remember when I was a kid, my family went to an all you can eat restaurant and my sister really did take all she could eat. She ate so much my parents were worried management was going to be really pissed, but the employees said "it's fine, she really is eating everything she takes. It's the ones who take that much food and don't bother to eat it all that we don't like."

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

I remember my local news paper publishing this.

6. the G-man

When I was a kid, back in the late 60s/early 70s, my dad and his hunting buddies were on a trip and encountered the then-new salad bar. The waitress told them to help themselves to the salad bar so they wheeled it over to their table.