Labeouf Wants 18 Million To Return To Transformers 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Favorite ever made. Seriously? What was so briliant about i?

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I didn't say it was brilliant. Just that it's a favorite of mine.

3. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

So it's more than meets the eye?

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Sometimes movies are just a lot of fun. I remember seeing the first Transformers in theaters. About a third of the way through the movie, I remember leaning over to my friend and whispering, "I am liking this movie way more than I should be."

It was just a fun ride.

5. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

the billions of dollars these films made at the box office scream 'yes!'.

6. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

When Star Trek: The Next Generation debuted many thought that the fans wouldn't watch a series with Star Trek in the title without the original actors on board. Twenty-five seasons of television without them later, that's obviously turned out to be false.

Now, Paramount certainly thought Stewart was integral to the series. They gave him script approval of at least one film and significant pay raises from what he was earning as a television star.

But the only way to know if fans would skip a Star Trek: The Next Generation film without Patrick Stewart would be to release one; obviously, that's not going to happen. You're speaking definitively about something that's entirely hypothetical.

I will say one thing, though: if the Bourne series can be successful without Matt Damon (The Bourne Legacy had worldwide grosses on par with all but the third film in the series), anything is possible.

7. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

But, this is not entirely true. I saw the trailer for that film with I went to see TDK this summer, and Jason Bourne was plastered all over it. He was in the trailer just as much, if not more, than Jeremy Renner's character. I personally thought Matt Damon was going to make an appearance in the film until I read somewhere later that he wasn't going to. So, I think the film was definitely riding coattails. Still, I do hope they team up in the next one if there is a next one, and if Legacy is any good. I haven't seen it yet, but I probably will.

I would say that the Bourne series is surviving without Matt Damon, not succeeding, because every movie until Legacy was more successful than the last. In box office receipts, Legacy is a regression.

8. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I went and saw the first transformers movie the day after I got married and enjoyed the hell out of it.

9. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As long as I remember to turn my brain off, first, then hell yes. The Transformers film franchise is fun, mindless, eye candy. The like the cars, I like the wonderful visual f/x. I don't pretend that it's high brow cinema. Sometimes I like simple entertainment.

10. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

It made back its budget; Universal says there will be a sequel. Financially, it wasn't as successful as The Bourne Ultimatum, but it surpassed the worldwide receipts of the first film and was about on par with the second. The movie (which, admittedly, I haven't seen) did fine.

11. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I prefer the third one, the Transformers have more to do in it.

Between the cinema, 3D Blu-ray and satelite broadcasts (which I can get on my phone) I must have seen it more than 5 times already.

Which would certainly put it up in the favorites or guilty pleasures for me.

12. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Thinking that The Beef was one of the primary draws for these movies was part of the problem to begin with, and why we were saddled with way too much of his misadventures at home, school, and work instead of more giant robots fighting.

Hopefully they don't think the ability to scream every line of dialogue, 90% of which was "Woah! Woah! Woah! Woah!" and "OPTIMUS!!!," is worth $18 million dollars and just recast the role or write a new one.

13. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Have the next one open with Optimus accidentally stepping on him.

14. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

So it will be "Woah, woah, woah, woah, Optimu...! [Squish]." That works for me.

15. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The actors in the Transformers movies were not the main draw. Naturally they got bigger paychecks as the sequels went on since that's just how the business operates, but $18 million for Shia would be a waste of money.

It's like how studios viewed Gerard Butler after the success of 300 and now he's headlining one crappy underperforming movie after another.

16. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

17. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Labeouf might be the most disposable star of a major franchise of all-time.

18. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

19. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

And I'm not arguing with any of this at all because it is not in contradiction with what I said. Yes, it made back its budget. Yes, it turned a profit. Yes, the franchise of Bourne movies is going on. But no, it is not carrying on with the trend of each movie doing better than the last.

And surpassing the gross receipts of the first movie isn't much of a success when it's riding off of its success and that of the other 2 movies that came afterward. The first movie had to make it on its own. Anyway, I look forward to seeing Legacy when it comes out on DVD.

20. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Transformers: The Witwicky Legacy

:rommie: