Kirk's Television Enterprise Deck Plans WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Robert Comsol, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Robert Comsol

Robert Comsol Commodore Commodore

Sometimes I even amaze myself. :rolleyes: I thought the CGI shot captured the height of the Bridge personnel somewhat accurately and was more helpful to simulate available deck heights.

THANK YOU! :klingon:

It’s a wee bit more complicated. The “briefing lounge” we saw first in “The Cage” is on the same deck / set as Pike’s cabin (Pike somehow uses an unseen door of the lounge, crosses it and arrives in the corridor leading to his cabin), compare my draft in this thread for Main Deck 4 (though I’m tempted to locate it on Deck 3 in the next draft – Pike’s little green thingy above his bed just matches too nicely the little porthole on the teardrop). The door of the briefing lounge extends straight into this corridor.

The “conference lounge” we saw in WNMHGB has a different placement of the ceiling elements on the support struts (IIRC, that’s the transporter chamber ceiling, too), its door only leads to a corridor somewhat surrounding the lounge. These two items suggest we are looking at a different lounge, IMHO.

Bob

P.S.

Just reread my Deck 3 & 4 comments from last year. My rationalization was similar to Mytran's, except that I suggested some space inside the saucer became available for a new briefing room so that the "conference lounge" on Deck 2 could be removed.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  2. Robert Comsol

Just a quick heads-up for anybody interested in discussing the interiors and in particular the cabin design, starting at post # 74 in this BBS thread.

I also just realized, I forgot to feature Ensign Chekov's Deck 5 cabin on the corresponding deck plan draft. According to "The Ultimate Computer" his cabin was neither on Deck 4 or 6. ;)

Bob

3. Mytran

Mytran Commodore Commodore

Ahem! That ain't a BBS thread, Bob! ;)

Did you mean this one?

4. Robert Comsol

Ahem...yes (this is the true reason, I screwed up). On the other hand I wanted to see if anybody was paying attention (this would be the "official" explanation :lol:).

Thanks Mytran!

Bob