justified anyone watching

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by timothy, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Santeria

Santeria Lieutenant Commander

Yes, that's why he went to Mexico. And probably onward to another country in Central or South America.

2. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

new episode tonight. yes!!

3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

LOVED last night's episode. I loved the dialogue---the exchange between Quarrels and Raylan at the bar ("You should have gone to Wall Street; there you could have done REAL damage"), the banter between Raylan & Gutterson ("Last time I checked, you were ALSO a US Marshall").

Was kind of annoyed that the preview gave away the fate of the Annoying Ex. Not that it was any surprise, but still, it would have been nice to have it up in the air until next week.

One question at least got answered; we know who (or what) the poor guy in the bedroom is...er, was.

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I thought that was pretty evident last week.

5. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"You're more of a wind instrument man, I reckon," got a good laugh out of my wife and me.

Some pretty good confrontations shaping up, I hope the Charlie/evidence money plot gets substantial follow-up and doesn't get overshadowed by the mob action. I find the intra-office stuff with Raylan very entertaining.

Nice to see two Deadwood alums, Jim Beaver (again) and Stephen Tobolowski. Also nice to for Dave Alvin to make his third appearance on the soundtrack last week (and one actual appearance in S2), he's kind of becoming the show's unofficial musician-in-residence. And good for him.

Justin

6. sojourner

The Charlie/evidence money plot is done. He's enjoying life in south america.

7. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes, the dialogue this week was even better than average. Still waiting for Boyd to explode. He's like a coiled snake...

8. flipjack

flipjack Lieutenant Red Shirt

9. timothy

fantastic episode last week looking forward to tonight. and fantastic news on season 4.

10. auntiehill

Excellent. :bolian:

I'm looking forward to seeing how this season's pressure-cooker explodes.

11. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Very predictable episode, but whatever. Hopefully just a setup for what's to come.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  12. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In my opinion it was one of the best episodes of the series. I just loved how the detective was in awe of Deputy Givens giving his explanation of the get out of town warning, that next time the bullet would be moving faster. And how everybody reacted to the FBI agent who came to lay down the law in the Chief's field office

13. auntiehill

^I liked it. I think it's one of the best of the season, but not the series. It's clear that this is all set-up, and things are set to just explode in the next episode or two.

Finally, Neal and Mykelti in the same scene together. I suppose it would be too much for someone to say the word "Boomtown?" ;)

14. Temis the Vorta

I'm loving this season, maybe not quite as much as last, because there are fewer hi-larious hillbillies, but it's damn good.

Raylan must have been staying up late as a kid to see Johnny Carson.

We need more Boyd Crowder action! Next week?

15. Temis the Vorta

Okay, we're all expecting Quarles to die in some spectacular manner in the final episode, right? No spoiler there. I've never been assuming anything different, that's how this show rolls.

So it isn't a spoiler to reveal that Neal McDonough has been cast in a lead role in LA Noir.

And in theory, he could return to Justified next season. He could do two cable series. In theory... :D

What this article doesn't say is that the show is set in the 1940s, and John Bernthal has been cast as an LA cop, and Milo Ventimiglia is playing an old WWII buddy of Bernthal's from the Marines who has become a Mob lawyer and fixer.

That's also not a spoiler about Shane, because Bernthal could also do two cable shows. Unlike Quarles, it's an open question what's going to happen to him.

16. sojourner

Not really. Shane's future has already been "spoiled".

17. timothy

wow last night was fantastic you got look out for homeade booby traps.

18. auntiehill

Lesson One: Don't piss off the bomb-maker.

19. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Actually lesson 1 is: don't fuck with the deputy.

So be it. :D

20. Temis the Vorta

I was waiting for that land mine to turn out to be a bluff. :rommie:

Wouldn't that be a lot smarter than having a land mine in your own garage where it can blow up if a raccoon or someone's stray dog gets in or whatever? Maybe that guy was just nuts.