June Art Challenge - Star Trek Turn off The Dark...ness....

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Dac, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Aug 9, 2005
    The Essex wastes...
    Welcome true believers and newcomers alike! It's your June art challenge, and no, I don't want you to make a Star Trek Broadway musical. ;)

No, after last months challenge (and last months film) embracing all things dark, I wanted to brighten things up a little as we move into the summer months (at least in the Northern Hemisphere).

So, without further ado, this months challenge is....Light.

That's it, Light. Play with lighting. I want to see anything and everything but lit in a way that makes it different or beautiful. This may seem geared toward folks with 3D skills, but fear not! Grab a camera and your favourite Star Trek toy and just have a play around to see what kind of effects you can pull off.

So there you have it - It's a pretty vague subject matter so I hope to get a lot of entries. Just, play with how light interacts with the subject. :)

Have fun!
  2. largo

largo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Jul 11, 2001
    bring on the lens flares! :rommie:
  3. Solarbaby

Solarbaby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Jul 29, 2009
    Cool challenge
  4. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

May 3, 2004
    Great idea!
    Don't have the time for it, otherwise I would've tried something like the Romulan capital during the first sunlight, with the light playing across the water, statues and crystal decorations.
  5. Jadin

Jadin Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Apr 20, 2013
    I already have a nice idea...