Is Patrick Stewart gay?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by K-Star, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-Star

K-Star Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My mom and brother seem to think he is, but I specifically remember reading somewhere that he's married to some lady whose name I forgot, so I don't think he is. But now my brother's starting to annoy me by calling him a fag every time he sees him on tv (which is semi-often, as I enjoy watching TNG) or anytime I talk about Star Trek he'll be like "And you know what? The guy who plays Picard is GAY!"

So I just need someone to set the record straight here with good enough evidence that will get my brother to STFU if he's wrong.

2. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Zeppster

Zeppster Commodore Commodore

Personal life

In 1964, Stewart met the choreographer of the Old Vic, Sheila Falconer, and they later wed on March 4, 1966 from which there were two children: Daniel Freedom, and Sophie Alexandra. Stewart and Falconer divorced in 1990. In 1997 he became engaged to Wendy Neuss, a production assistant on the series Star Trek: Voyager, and later married on August 25, 2000. They divorced on October 14, 2003. Four months prior to his divorce of Neuss, Stewart played opposite actress Lisa Dillon in a production of The Master Builder. Despite their age difference (she was 24), the two have dated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Stewart

5. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

The man's son was in an episode. Looks just like him.

6. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

There you see, nothing to worry about. Now go tell your brother he's a dick! :thumbsup:

7. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

He's not gay, he's just British.

8. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

Of course he is. Wouldn't you be incredibly happy if the career you've been struggling to build has been falling into place?

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Why does it need to be disproved? It's not like there'd be anything wrong with it if it were true. Patrick Stewart has played gay characters, he has a number of gay friends and coworkers (including Bryan Singer and Sir Ian McKellen), and he's an active supporter of gay rights. So it's not like he'd feel offended if someone thought he might be gay. (I mean, come on, he's in the theater.)

So don't try to prove to your brother that Stewart is hetero -- that's just buying into his false premise that there's anything wrong with being gay. What you should be doing is convincing him how wrong he is to think it matters. If you want to defend Patrick Stewart, defend the principle he believes in.

10. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

Is your brother???

11. Ayezur

Ayezur Lieutenant Red Shirt

a) Does it matter?

b) Slap your brother and tell him the internet says hello.

12. ancient

ancient Vice Admiral Admiral

That often confuses the gay-dar.

13. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

Jesus H. Christ, why does this bullshit appear?

No, I am not going to lock this, but this thread is horseshit. Perhaps I’m too lenient.

In any case, neither the captain of the Enterprise was gay nor the man that was hired to act the part was gay. It doesn’t matter either way. One would hope that 400 frigging years from now this kind of shit would not make a difference.

14. The Mule

The Mule Commodore Commodore

gay people are just as capable of having children as straight. i am living proof of this concept.

15. Zeppster

Zeppster Commodore Commodore

Unless he's hiding his homosexuality with 2 marriages(one of those lasting nearly 25 years) and he's dating a 24 year old. Yeah he's gay.

16. Computer

Computer Captain Captain

Jesus, Stewarts a pimp.

17. The Borg Queen

The Borg Queen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Which raises an important question: Way back in the 1980's, were Americans able to tell the difference between British and French? The evidence isn't that favourable, and something I've noticed parodied often in South Park with Pip. :lol:

18. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

He recently said in an interview that he does theatre and became an actor because it helped him "to meet girls."

19. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't give a fuck about it if he is (I know he's not but still...). Do we really need to know the details of everyone's private life?

20. Good Will Riker

Good Will Riker Admiral

She's 27 now, and he's 66...but then again who's counting? ;)

Happy 20th Anniversary, TNG! :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.