is "Into Darkness" Quinto's last as Spock?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by F. King Daniel, Nov 18, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

eh, he won't be Spock forever and even though I think it's the best casting in the history of the universe I accept that there may be another Spock some time. But really I would rather we got this one for the next two movies.

Some day we may be having threads about who's your favorite Spock like with Doctor Who :)

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Just to put things in perspective, remember that THE WRATH OF KHAN was supposed to be Nimoy's swan song as Spock.

And THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY . . . .

And "Unification" . . . .

For all we know, an eighty-year-old Quinto will someday be playing Spock Prime 2.0 in the blockbuster reboot 2009's STAR TREK.

3. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, let's see how he feels in 2016 or so when they sit down and start talking about making a third film in the JJverse. When it starts filming in 2017/2018 maybe he'll be ready to play the role again.

4. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Deep Roy played the Oompa-Loompas (all of them) in the Tim Burton/Johnny Depp version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

5. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

That he did - 165 separate performances.

6. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Zach Quinto will be 86 years old during "First Contact Year" (2063).
    It would be fitting if they make a Star Trek Movie that year (perhaps there may still be a few people around who care), and it would be fitting if Quinto plays "Old Spock".

EDIT TO ADD:
    I'll be 98 years old, and I'll see it if they make it (I hear "98 will be the new 68" by that time ;) ).

7. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Even tho he's a "different" Spock, they've already played the Spock-Dies card. I think he's safe, ditto for Kirk, they will both do all three movies.

If anyone among the regular cast should worry, it's Uhura. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see her die in this upcoming movie. If McCoy gets more development in the next movie than he did in the last, he's also in danger for #3, although that's more of a long shot. Right now, he's too peripheral to bother killing.

Ideally, CBS will pick a few of the cast who are willing to do TV for a live action series to launch a few months after the third movie. That means Spock and Sulu, maybe McCoy, the others are unlikely. They might just need one to provide the PR boost for a show starring an all new cast of characters.

8. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

If they kill off Uhura, Trek becomes a total sausage fest. Not gonna happen! (unless they bump Alice Eve's maybe Dr. Dehner up in her place?)

9. UFO

UFO Captain Captain

Talk about type casting! :)

10. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

I see your point, I made a comment in another thread where I said Uhura might play an important role in the new film as she gets her own comic cover in the upcoming countdown series . I just guessed Cummberbatch’s character will break her arms.

However she could go out Jean Grey Style in X-Men 2 and then come back in the last film and be all psycho.

11. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

I had to do a search for a photo to see who he was, and I remember him from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as an Ooompa Loompa. He did very well in that.

About the alleged fighting with Pegg, I don't know, but I suspect he didn't want to be a sidekick. Honestly, I can't believe he played a Starfleet officer and they didn't bother to put him in a Starfleet uniform. I had the impression that he was Scotty's pet. That's not too good when he's supposed to be just as capable as any other officer. No one spoke to him or asked him any questions, and I don't know if he can even talk or what race he is. I hope he gets better development for an officer, like one or two speaking lines at least. And thanks for the link. :)

Greg, you sure do know how to hand out hope like lollipops. :luvlove:

Oh, I didn't remember that he played them all. That's some acting!

:eek: I'll not hear of it. :p I'll just expect that she lives and that she and Spock have a wonderful family some day. :)

12. M'Sharak

Click.

13. Spock/Uhura Fan

^Thank you. So, my mistake. With a still shot, close-up, you can see it. But, this was at the very end of the film where the camera is on him for like a second, in an up-angle, and while he's kind of hunched. It's not like Pegg, where we got to see him walking about in his uniform and interacting with people in better lighting, but then he's Scotty... I'm just glad to know that they did give him an uniform. That makes me feel better about his future development.

14. M'Sharak

Remember also that, when we first see Scotty, he's not in uniform, either (must be not a uniform-dress kind of Starfleet facility, or something.) He does get one after his trip through the Turbine Room tubes and Spock's beatdown of Kirk on the bridge, but Keenser (along with oldSpock) presumably doesn't get off the Delta Vega outpost until some time after Earth is saved, Pike rescued and Nero defeated, so we don't see him in uniform until Enterprise is repaired and heading back out under Kirk's command.

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

And Keenser *can* speak. He only says one word in the film (when Scotty says "Unless you know of some other half-starved Starfleet officer" and Keenser pipes up "Me!"), but it is there.

Before Keenser appears for the first time - right after Kirk and Spock Prime first enter the Delta Vega facility - we hear some things that might be Keenser speaking in his native language. It's right before we see him appear at the end of the corridor and start walking towards Kirk and Spock.

16. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

More on this from Zachary

Link - Twitter.

At the moment, it's too early to think about the third movie right at the moment. The second one will be awesome.

17. Sky

Sky Captain Captain

Gaaaah. You mean the cutesy little useless pet critter appears in the new movie? :scream:

18. Spock/Uhura Fan

Very true. :) I just hope to see him in good lighting with his uniform on this time, doing a bit of interacting, even briefly. And now that he's on the Enterprise, it'd be good to know what his job is.

I'd have to watch the corridor part, but I do remember the "Me!," part now that you mention it. It's been a while since I've watched the film, and I'm going off of a dusty memory--Not the best thing! :p Well, maybe with this next film he'll get more than "Me!" and some under-his-breath noises. I'd just like to know what race he is. I don't remember the movie stating that, or did it?

Thanks for the link. I haven't read his twitter in a while. I don't know about calling everybody "kids," but what he said doesn't really refute what he said previously. He's basically delaying the conversation. He should be able to say if he's interested in doing a 3rd movie or not, or if he's under contract for a 3rd movie, which is what I believe is the case. Anyway, thinking about it now is not going to change what happens with the second movie, so I'll just hope for the best with the second movie (if S/U stay together).

And of course, I'm wishing him the best, whatever he decides...

19. Spock/Uhura Fan

Oh, come on now. He was okay. :lol:

20. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

These kind of quotes often get blown out a proportion. I remember when, several years ago, a weary Anthony Hopkins, who had just come off a couple of exhausting shoots, made the mistake of mentioning to an interviewer that he was worn out and tired of making movies. Naturally, this led to a flurry of headlines about how Hopkins was retiring, quitting acting, and so on, when, really, he had just been expressing a desire to take some time off . . . .

Needless to say, Hopkins' "retirement" proved to be greatly exaggerated.