"Is Battlestar Galactica in Suspended Animation?"

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by bryce, May 10, 2013.

1. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Indeed. After the first few shows, Athena's role was significantly reduced. Ultimately, Maren Jensen was left out of eight episodes completely, including the last four of the series.

2. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

As I said upthread, she left on her own from I understand. Athena was supposedly going to have a secx change for the second season.

3. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't mind seeing a series dealing with the Cylon War.

4. Mysterion

Mysterion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What?

5. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Vice Admiral Premium Member

Yeah...don't think this is the least bit true. Various interviews and other sources over the years stated that, due to Maren Jensen's unavailability (or unsuitability) to play the role of Athena, the Season 2 premiere (had it been filmed) would have had Galactica come under attack and Athena near-mortally injured. She was to have reconstructive surgery to save her life, but allowing Jensen to be replaced with another actress. I have never heard of a sex-change subplot, as a rumor or otherwise. Remember, this was late-70's, early 80's quasi-kiddie-timeslot programming, back when the networks were still in mortal fear of the standards & practices censorship machine - the same timeslot and censorship that killed Galactica 1980.

A sex-change thing never would have happened back then in a show like that.

Ever.

6. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even Dynasty and Dallas never went the sex-change route. A family-oriented show like Battlestar Galactica wouldn't even have gotten close to such a storyline, especially in 1979.

7. milo bloom

milo bloom Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The varied and beautiful Chicagoland suburbs.
    As big of a fan as I was, I have to agree that it's more of a closed storyline type show than something like Star Trek which can be re-invented.

I still think I would like to see a series of movies to go with Blood & Chrome, following Adama's exploits in that ghost fleet, there's definitely some stories to tell there. But I could also be okay with closing this chapter and giving it a few more years to let somebody else tackle the subject.

And I wouldn't mind a theatrical trilogy from Singer that would be a nice complete re-telling either.

And as far as this forum goes, yeah, let it go. We're going to need the slot for a Star Wars forum soon enough anyways.

8. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

I remember EJO mentioning at a con that if the last movie did well there was interest in making another dvd movie. He mentioned a brief outline of a plot he had in mind where it would be set after they've settled on Earth

9. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

EJO mentioned a lot of crazy shit that was never going to happen. I always appreciate his enthusiasm, but you have to take most of what he says with a grain of salt.

10. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

11. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As the comments suggest, there really isn't any actual proof tying this campaign down to BSG and it could just as likely be related to HALO.

So I wouldn't get your hopes up.

12. 137th Gebirg

That is truly bizarre. But yes, I doubt it's tied to BSG - but it would be nice if it were. :)

13. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I always thought the premise of nuBSG was that it was a computer simulation being run (and re-run) by two scientists (Baltar and 6). Hence "all this has happened before, and all this will happen again." The end result sort of resembled that, but not really.

14. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

You mean they're all in the Matrix?

15. 137th Gebirg

Hmm...that never occurred to me, but I suppose it could be interpreted that way.

16. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Nah, Riker and Troi are watching them on the Holodeck.

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

So the 'Cylon God' is some Sheldon Cooper-like computer geek? I'm cool with that. :lol:

18. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe it will be closed when the Trek forums are closed. After all, they are all series which are no longer produced even though people still discuss them. ;)

19. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

This is a Trek website, of course all the forums for the Trek shows will continue to be open.:p

20. The Stig

The Stig Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think this forum should probably be closed. The show it's based on has long since been off the air and there are no productions of any note on the horizon.

A lone BSG movie (should it happen) from Bryan Singer hardly warrants a full forum, any more than the long-forgotten original BSG.