In General

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Captain McBain, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

Yes, but we were talking about the simulation in which he seemingly made no advancements in rank over a sixteen year period.

--Sran

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Never mind. I thought you guys were talking about real Worf!

3. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Why would the best Ferengi episode be the one in the hypothetical future where they conformed to the Federation?

It's true the Ferengi were really badly written in TNG. I thought Captain's Holiday worked, and I enjoyed Quark's brief appearance in Gambit.

4. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

Which didn't strike the real Riker as odd at all. Not only had Worf and Data only been promoted once, but Crusher and LaForge were in the same positions at the same rank. So this must be standard for starship command crews, or else Riker would have had trouble buying the scenario.

5. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

You want a hi-tech holodeck fantasy world created by a 16 year old alien kid to make sense?

6. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

What? The kid's fantasy setting made complete sense to Riker. He didn't see through anything until Min made an appearance. So it made sense to more than just the kid!

7. Syd

Syd Ensign Newbie

You look at the Ferengi involvement in TNG and a lot of the episodes they are in just downright suck. I mean look at the list of crappy episodes:

The Last Outpost
    The Price
    Captain's Holiday
    Menage a Troi
    Rascals
    Suspicions
    Force of Nature

Even in Chain of Command the weakest part of that show was the ferengi in the bar.

Only Chain of Command, Peak Performance & The Perfect Mate, and to a lesser extent The Battle, are really the only good episodes of TNG with ferengi involvement (and the ferengi involvement in those shows is quite small).

8. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ You missed Unification. I thought that was a good use of a Ferengi too.