I'm disappointed!

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

For months, I was excited that we were going to get half a season set on Earth, disecting its mythology and everything about it, but it looks like the fleet has moved on already. After all the build-up and anticipation, we got only one episode about Earth and that was it. Something that big should have gotten more. I suppose you could say that we got what we needed, but still, it all feels like it was over too quickly.

I'm still excited though. Maybe we won't get some big exploration of the promised land, but we still have a lot of big issues up in the air and I'm very much looking forward to seeing where it all goes. For now, I'll just have to sit back and enjoy the ride, and who knows, maybe we'll get a surprise.

Speaking of Earth... Poor D'Anna. She was just left there all alone for the rest of her life. I wonder what'll become of her. What a way to go, and what a way to drop a character from the show.

2. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

Earth was a wreck, and formerly populated with Cylons. Would they really want to stick around? Like a bad memory, I'm sure Adama and Roslin just wanted to forget about it as quickly as possible--and out of sight, out of mind. This week's episode seems to bear that out.

3. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

There isn't anything there for them, no useable soil or animal life or resources, so they had to move on to find a habitable planet. I bet they'll end up going back though at some point, and answers will be given.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Why waste time on a waste land? I too wish they would have stayed longer, and frankly managed the episodes more that they could have less bullshit episodes and more substance, but oh well.

They wanted a new home, Earth wasn't that. They are running low of food and need to hurry to find a new home.

And Three wanted to stay on Earth, did you not see the end of the episode last week? I think that is fitting to her character.

5. DontFeedPhil

DontFeedPhil Fleet Captain

At the rate its going I doubt they are gonna answer all the questions theyve dangled out for us. This episode was filler and next week seem like filler too...OH well

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

earth has ressurection technology.

When D'ana dies, god knows where she is going to wake up but it won't be with Cylons that she is familiar with.

7. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

that has never been stated in the show, only theorized by fans

8. Agent Richard07

Yeah, but it just seems like an odd way to say farewell and it makes you think about her all alone there.

9. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If we never physically end up going back to Earth (which we very well could), I get the feeling Earth and what its deal is will loom large over the remainder of the series. The planet was trashed so they don't need to be there. But, it's fertile ground for storytelling. You can deal with Earth's secrets without actually being there. I'm assuming they kept a bunch of souvenirs to analyze.

10. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

maybe we will see her again, and maybe they left her food

11. Agent Richard07

Yeah, I'm thinking that they could go that route.

12. Tom

Tom Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Im sure Cavil's cylon group will get to Earth and find Deanna there and it may lead to further plot developments etc..

13. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I was impressed with the current plot development. They have so many balls in the air and just when you think they'll put one down they throw in an extra one. It's going to be one hell of a ride.

14. Dar70

Dar70 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Im sure the whole earth thing will be back in the limelight by the last few episodes. At least we now know why everything with the colonials looks liike it came from earth.:lol:

15. Roshi

Roshi Vice Admiral Admiral

Not only that but Earth has also the capability to build brand new Vipers!!!
    :techman::techman::techman:

16. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

^ Earth is Voyager!!! Voyager is Earth!!!

17. PheonixRising

PheonixRising Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

How do we even know this is the Earth they were searching for. All we know is Starbuck got a signal in a revamped Viper that lead the fleet to this planet. They assumed it was the earth in their sacred texts. Did the constellations match what Adama and friends saw in that season 1 or 2 episode? It was never mentioned. Its BSG, who knows what the hell is going on ;)

18. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually the Constellations did match.

19. NX74205

NX74205 Captain Captain

When did they say that the constellations matched? I think I must have missed that part of the episode.

20. Roshi

Roshi Vice Admiral Admiral

We (as in viewers) could see Orion on two separate instances:

- When the Rebel Basestar arrived at the ambush and
    - When Cally looked at the porthole, prior her airlock trip...