If you could erase five bands from ever having existed

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Moocey, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I went to see STP a couple months ago. He was not sucking again, they were really good.

2. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I envy you, more than you shall ever know Pingfah.

I didn't know that Weiland was kicked out of Velvet Revolver. Without him providing the sole musical talent, Slash n' the Rosetards can finally fade into fail. :techman:

I initially thought that Weiland was terrible in VR because he quit drugs (turns out THAT was wrong.) In reality, he just needed to quit headlining a shitty band. :cool:

3. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

But it was a pretty solid album (one album wonder bands are OK. I honestly don't think Live can be blamed for what followed as much as Creed, which was inspired as much by Hetfield as Pearl Jam).

I've decided (since we can't ban outright shitty bans) that I wouldn't erase anyone. As much as I hate hair bands, they became so oversaturated that there was a backlash and other bands that were inspired by good 80s music could actually get mainstream attention.

4. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

OMG! A Crash sighting?! And I missed it?! The world is cruel, and full of shitty bands, apparently.

I blame this on Pingfah because I can.

:angryrazz:

5. DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet Admiral Admiral

The Beatles
    Grateful Dead
    Phish
    Ted Nugent
    Reggae music in general

6. MikeGainer

MikeGainer too fat to fish Fleet Captain

1. Linkin Park - Music ruined by a bunch of rapper posers I knew back in High School.
    2. Limp Bizkit - No explanation is necessary.
    3. Def Leppard - Reminds me of a obnoxious boyish girl I knew back in College. Plus their songs are about how much love hurts. Get over it!
    4. Evanescence - fuck angst.
    5. Chemical Romance - see #4.

7. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

Kid Rock was around and making quality music long before Durst stuck on his red hat.

8. stoneroses

stoneroses Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kaiser Chiefs - not important

Coldplay - so boring and up their own arses

Mark Ronson - lets take a Zutons song and ruin it

Robbie Williams - vapid

James Blunt - is a

9. NCC1701

NCC1701 Commodore Commodore

I agree about Limp Bizkit - at least after their Significant Other days - but Korn, Linkin Park and System of a Down? What did they ever do to you? At least they aren't polluting the airwaves constantly, unlike some other bands.

Oh, and if I was allowed to erase a sixth band, I'd pick AC/DC. Just recycle the same crappy guitar riff and complement it with the same crap yelled vocals, and hey presto, it's a hit for over 30 years! I like to call it music for the moronic masses, so at least on some level AC/DC have to be geniuses to have hit the music jackpot.

10. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

Some people are just aren't ready for songs about pogo stick orgies, the American prison system, sad statues and fucking the system!

And are you seriously saying Linkin Park don't pollute the airwaves where you live? I envy you my friend. Although I suppose since Nickelcack and Kid Twat released their respective cringe-fests LP haven't been on too much. Double-edged sword that.

11. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

Led Zeppelin
    The Who
    Sex Pistols
    Lynrd Skynrd
    Any gay British band.