I need Star Trek Fans!! (what better place!)

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Ineedtrekfans, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

May 12, 2004
    Oxford, PA
    I think the Star Wars/Star Trek feud is mostly a myth, but if you want to read an amusing fictional account of this burning issue, check out GEEKTASTIC, a recent collection of short stories set in the worlds of fandom. The lead story involves a star-crossed romance between a Trekkie and Star Wars fan, who hook up at a scifi convention much to the horror of their respective cliques.

Think "Romeo & Juliet" with Klingons and Jedi . . . .

It was a cute story.
  2. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Jun 28, 2010
    Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    I lot of people wrote "send me a PM" and Ineedtrekfans with her rank of Cadet cannot do it.
  3. drazzz52923849

drazzz52923849 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Nov 12, 2010
    Personally, i hate Star Wars.
  4. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Nov 9, 2007
    Who was I chasing?:confused:

I was agreeing with Lokai. I was about to make the same point he did, but noticed he beat me to it.
  5. Robert DeSoto

Robert DeSoto Lieutenant Commander

Mar 13, 2005
    lol my bad. I meant to respond to the last post on page 1, didnt even notice the second page. Just ignore my reply; doesn't make any sense when its not even pointing at the right post haha. And notice I'm using the quote function now lol
  6. Robert DeSoto

Robert DeSoto Lieutenant Commander

Mar 13, 2005
    ahhh i see i see.

fuck that I ain't giving her my email. unless she's hot. are you hot, Ineedtrekfans? lol
  7. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

Feb 19, 2009
    I don't like Star Wars, but it has nothing to do with being a Star Trek fan. I'm sure if I'd never seen anything related to Star Trek, I still wouldn't care for Star Wars. I saw the first four Star Wars movies and they didn't make much of an impression on me. I thought they were okay, but forgettable. I just think they aren't my kind of thing.

The only Star Wars movie I truly hate is "Revenge of the Sith", probably because it's the only one I saw after I'd become mature enough to watch movies with a very critical eye (about the time I turned 20) rather than passively most of the time and I thought that movie failed on every level- acting, writing, directing, special effects, etc.