Hieroglyph is Dead

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dansigal, Jul 1, 2014.

1. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

2. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice post. Good commentary. Excellent insights. Never heard of it.

3. Sindatur

Sindatur The Grey Owl Wizard Premium Member

Bummer, the Ancient Egyptian Period Drama with John-Ryhs Davies, I was really looking forward to this one (more than anything else I can think of offhand, unless there's a Space Opera actually in the works) :(

4. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

There is actually a Space Opera in the works on SyFy of all networks. It's based on a book series, the 4th installment just came out this month. I've read the first and I liked it a lot.

http://www.syfy.com/theexpanse

As for Hieroglyph, I didn't have the highest expectations for this one, but I was at least interested and was hoping it would exceed my expectations. So that's a bummer.

5. Sindatur

Sindatur The Grey Owl Wizard Premium Member

Ah...OK, I thought there was at least one still bubbling (Blake's 7 seems to have disappeared for now, But, I think there's a Streaming Exclusive Space Opera still being worked on)

Yea, I was excited for the Ancient Egypt Period-ness and having faith in John Rhys-Davies' choices

6. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

I was watching Heiroglyph and I have to admit I couldn't make much sense of the series concept or where they were supposed to be going with it. I'm not entirely surprised they pulled the plug, TBH.

The upside is that my Facebook feed is now free of Africentric Cheikh Anta Diop fanboys ranting about why the cast isn't Black (for varying definitions thereof). Not going to miss that one bit.

7. Zaku

Zaku Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

[​IMG]

"Wow! Fox has really streamlined the process."

8. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Syfy has ordered two space shows slated to start airing next year: The Expanse, which dansigal mentioned, and Killjoys. They also have Ascension as a miniseries slated to premiere in the fall this year. Halo is in development as a streaming exclusive for Xbox Live.

9. JD

JD Admiral Admiral

Disappointed to hear about this, I was looking forward to watching the show

10. auntiehill

auntiehill Fleet Admiral Admiral

:lol:

First thing I thought of, too. Fox now has it down to a science. They are so efficient at cancelling stuff, shows get cancelled even before the episodes air.

Oh, and danisgal, you are supposed to have some kind actual COMMENTARY to spur discussion, not just post random links and run. That is a big no-no.

11. JD

JD Admiral Admiral

I wonder if we'll ever get to see the pilot?