Heroes 3x25 "An Invisible Thread" Discuss and Grade (SEASON FINALE)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Apr 27, 2009.

?

Grade the episode

1. Excellent

24.4%
  2. Above Average

29.3%
  3. Average

22.0%
  4. Below Average

17.1%
  5. Poor

7.3%
  1. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Heroes 3x25 "An Invisible Thread" Discuss and Grade (SEASON FINALE

^yeah, thats interesting... it does leave a sort of weird out for the writers if enough Nathan fans whine like they did at the end of season 2.

heeheehee (rubs hands together) :shifty:

I want my Zombie Nathan...

2. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

That'd be one heck of a reach, even for this show. Nathan's body is rotting with a slit throat. He's bled out. Unless Angela or Peter goes to a crossroads and makes a deal with a demon, I think Nathan has officially had it for good. ;) But Mohinder and Hiro will be back. Rejoice!! :shifty:

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Below Average, and I'm one of the few who still love this show.

Aside from this volume I love the show, and the Fuller-influenced episodes have been a great improvement so far, but this ending was ridiculous. I should have known the ending would have been a total cop-out when they did almost nothing towards resolution with only one episode left to go.

Sylar being hypnotized to become Nathan after killing him is just ridiculous. Laughable. Asinine. My god. Not to mention that it makes killing Nathan a complete cop-out since the actor/character is still around. Plus, remember in Season Two when it was established that Claire's blood can ressurect the recently deceased? Why didn't they just inject Claire's blood into Nathan?

Also ridiculous; first of all we get a battle royale between Sylar and the Petrelli Brothers... that takes place completely off-screen. Then we get Sylar taken down by... a needle in the neck? Shouldn't Sylar be pretty much un-dope-able? Particularly since he already knew he was under attack since he shook Worf's hand and nothing happened? And then he's unconscious long enough for them to haul him all the way back to the apartment and have an arguement about it? How conveinent.

I like the way Bryan Fuller in interviews freely talks about Ali Larter still being alive... and then that turns out to be the last minute "shocking" reveal of the season.

Also, didn't they say Hiro would die if he used his power one more time... and then he used his power one more time... and then he collapsed... and he was fine?

I'm really not looking forward to the future storyline of Nathan slowly remembering he's Sylar and then turning on them for doing this to him. Yeesh.

4. Anwar

Anwar Vice Admiral Admiral

How long does a guy have to be dead for Claire's blood to work on him? I mean HRG got shot through his head and yet there was no lasting damage to his mind from the shock of the bullet going through it.

I suppose this is an opening for Heidi and the boys to come back, maybe she'll pick up on somethings that "Nathan" is missing in his character.

5. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

I just have to say this: Sylar is (was) a magnificent villain. :lol: Danko... hell, everyone on the show, is completely outclassed by him. The only way they can stop him, temporarily at least, is by working together. You'd think they would learn that already.

As for the ending... I can't believe they think that will work in the long run. Stupid, stupid, stupid... And why not use Claire's magic healing blood? It worked with Noah being shot through the eye a while back. (And yes, I see that others have brought up the same thing already. :p)

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I liked the episode, but it seems to me that the writers were trying to have their cake and eat it too by doing what they did, when it's already been established that Claire's blood can resurrect the recently deceased.

7. DontFeedPhil

DontFeedPhil Fleet Captain

This episode was wack man. The whole story went to sunny at the end it felt like the guy doing the editing accidentally swapped the position of 2 scenes at the end.
    And it seemed like they were killing off a character but which one? I mean Nathans technical;y dead but hes still gonna be around. The actor will still be there. So thats a really weird situation.
    I think the thing is that Sylar is gonna be killed off. Thats the most likely senario if they follow thru.
    I dunno that was a wack episode daug!

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I also really wish they spent more time on why the government is no longer hunting the mutants. Yes they agreed to form a new Company with Noah in charge, but we never SAW President Worf being told there was a mutant assassin after him or his reaction or his agreeing to changing their game plan. It's like the ending of the Star Wars series where they end the entire war the series was about off-screen with a throwaway mention.

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

That would be really lame if they retroactively used Claire's blood to resurrect Nathan. I mean, everyone clearly didn't consider it an option here since they needed Nathan alive and thus needed to use Sylar to do it. Which is a laugh and a half since NOAH is the one resurrected by Claire's blood, you think he's remember that! And he got his BRAINS blown out, he didn't just bleed to death!

10. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

Tim Kring wrote this episode not Bryan Fuller. And for episodes 19 to the finale Bryan Fuller was NOT the showrunner but a Consulting Producer. Whether he will be the showrunner in Season 4 remains to be seen.

11. Dorian Thompson

That explains a great deal. :shifty: All in all, I prefer suicidal, 6 feet tall bipolar teddy bears. Mswood will understand that reference. :lol:

God, Kring sucks. Hello? Forget about Claire's magical blood, you dork of a writer?

12. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

"Do we know how we're going to stage the Petrelli/Sylar showdown?"
    "Well, we have these bright blue spotlights in storage."
    "Perfect. Let's use those and shine them through the door."
    Heroes always has the lamest season ending fights.

I don't honestly know what to think of the fates of Sylar/Nathan, it certainly wasn't what I was expecting. Though it's kind of funny that we've come to a point where slitting throats in full view doesn't even raise an eyebrow anymore.

13. Dorian Thompson

For someone getting his throat slit, it seemed a pretty anticlimactic scene. Heroes even made a major character death suck. I'm telling you, it's Bermaga-itis. I do agree that bringing the real Nathan back at this point would be lame. They've cooked their own goose. Or they really, really hate Petrellicest. :lol:

Fight? What fight? Blue lights through a door isn't a fight.

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

They did the same thing in Five Years Gone. Bastards just refuse to give us an awesome fight scene. :lol:

15. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

why couldnt they have just had Matt put Nathan's consioucness into Sylar? That would have been perfect...

I need a new av but it cant be too spoilery, anyone have any ideas?

16. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I actually liked it (when I shut my brain off).

First (as some one who is just a casual watcher of this show. Can Claire be rendered unconscious? Because if she can't be then Sylar can't be.

When did Sylar absorb the ability to Fly?

I don't remember when Claire's blood saved anyone who was dead, so my question is how long was that person dead. Because Nathan might have been dead for a while, before they could have got claire to him.

Well this answers that Peter can now pick and choose abilities and he can't take anyone's multiple abilities (Which I kind of regret). The reason for that is it would have been interesting to see Peter isolating himself from physical contact with others just to make sure he didn't erase the ability from sylar.

On Nathan. I like the actor, but I have hated Nathan since oh about the 9th episode of season 1. I honestly don't know of a single character that has been written worse (who actually has a good actor playing him). SO his death doesn't bother me at all. And just in one scene found him more interesting then all of season 2 and 3.

On angelia (my favorite character that vicious little bitch that she is), I bought every single scene she was in , except for when she is trying to convince Parkman. Her first argument was absolutely perfect, her second I didn't really buy it. All her other scenes, she's great (even her first part of that scene was great).

The fight, obviously I understand the reason if budget was a factor, and simple put its going to be, after being over budget for 2/3 of the season and having all the ratings drop dramatically there is no way this show is still getting 4 million an episode (trust me I know what its like watching a show have to do special things with absolutely no budget, sometimes it sucks, angel fist fights Dorian).

I also like how it does tie into so many other events the show has had. Sylar as Nathan in the future, even Peter treating sylar like a possible brother.

A few general complaints.

The biggest being, with a budget cut that has to be happening, this episode and the season as a whole did provide them with the means to realistically cut the cast.

They wasted that effort, about the only thing they managed was to possible cut Zachary Quinto from the cast. Really thats about it.

17. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My issue with that is if Hiro was really intent on using it one more time you would think he would save it for a really important moment to freeze time. I don't think it was necessary to freeze time to stop Dank from injecting Noah who as far as memory serves he never really interacted with and never really knew his allegiance. Afterall Hiro moments earlier had seen he and Danko moving towards shaking hands. Frankly I would have used a brain hemmorhage to kill off Hiro.
    I didn't quite understand the point of Claire going to Nathan. What exactly would she be able to do to stop him if she discovered it really was Sylar? As we saw she was his puppet much like with Doyle.

I wonder how many will come back to the show next fall. Speaking for myself I'm on the fence. I have a strong feeling it will be pretty much the show it has been of late. I guess it also depends on what the fall schedule looks like and how many other shows I'll be watching as to whether Heroes will fall completely off my viewing list. As of now, it certainly doesn't look good for the show as far as this viewer is concerned.
    I think he was levitating not flying.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  18. Daneel

Daneel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, that kind of screamed "budget cuts", didn't it? :lol:

19. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If he was using telekinesis to do (I hope) that really is going to be interesting. What's the one ability Peter has switched back to more then any other? Why thats Nathan's ability to fly.

I can't wait to see if try and get nothing.

And based on previous episodes it would most likely be Peter. Peter who does like to use his abilities compared to Nathan who still rarely uses them.

20. Dorian Thompson

It's not good for you to shut your brain off for that long. :p