Heroes 3x25 "An Invisible Thread" Discuss and Grade (SEASON FINALE)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Apr 27, 2009.

?

Grade the episode

1. Excellent

24.4%
  2. Above Average

29.3%
  3. Average

22.0%
  4. Below Average

17.1%
  5. Poor

7.3%
  1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Heroes 3x25 "An Invisible Thread" Discuss and Grade (SEASON FINALE

Presumably they kept him off guard long enough for Peter to touch him. After that, I'm sure the plan was for Nathan to get the hell away from him. They just didn't manage to pull off the plan like they envisioned. They know he can kill them easily, so they would have been trying like hell not to give him the opening.

They will save their pennies for the budget needed for an open-door Peter vs Sylar showdown at the end of next season. ;)

2. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^Again, Peter will need to be more than just Captain Redundant to do that.

3. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

They had a lot they could have done with Peter, especially after showing the other heroes learning "power stunts" with their abilities. Peter could have been limited to only developing the most basic uses of the powers, but could use them in tandem with one another. That way he wouldn't be stepping on the toes of anyone else (such as Matt being able to create illusions or Claire being invulnerable to pain), but would be able to do things they couldn't by virtue of having more than one power.

By not only letting both him and Sylar absorb powers but also master them above and beyond the ones they stole them from (Peter doesn't have to focus and concentrate like Hiro does when using those powers, and he didn't need to get stoned to paint the future), it totally made the other heroes redundant. Everyone else is a sidekick at best when Peter's at full power.

4. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

it seems the funding they could have used for a good Peter/Sylar battle went to Tracy's water effect instead.:rolleyes:

5. Temis the Vorta

If they wanna be bold, they should utterly nerf Peter again, taking away all his powers, and expect him to fight Sylar using only his wits. Which of course means he uses the writers' wits - so it all depends on whether the writers have the confidence in their own skills that they can come up with a way to plausibly pit Nerf Peter against Sylar and have him win or even survive. That would be a true test of their ingenuity.

6. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

However, if they go any further with nerfing Peter or Hiro I'm gone, so you pays your money and you makes your choice.

7. Temis the Vorta

Ehhh, you're not a Nielsens household anyway. ;)

OTOH, I doubt the Heroes writers are so ingenious they can come up with a plausible way for Nerf Peter to beat Kitchen Sink Sylar, so it's a moot point.

8. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft Premium Member

He's not even an American household, so counts even less.

9. McCoy

McCoy Commodore Commodore

Noah can do it without a power. But then, Noah is teh awsum.

10. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

No, I'm just a guy with a Blu-Ray player and disposable income.

11. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I heard greg beemen left heroes, and that the finale was his last ep, so with him, loeb and Alexander gone and fuller somewhat back perhaps this will be for the better?

12. Cartoonist

Cartoonist Captain Captain

Glorious rant (and I mean that in the best possible way), but this part caught my eye. I'm pretty sure the writers intentionally left open that possibility by not showing anyone disposing of Nathan's real body. If they change their minds about this story line a year or two from now, all they have to do is retcon a magic blood scenario.

Also, when you've got a time traveler in the show, anything's possible.

13. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just caught up. For a finale it seemed fairly lacklustre so I only rated it an average.

That plan at the end was ridiculous given that we saw that Claire's blood can bring people back from the dead. They should have used Parkman to read Sylar's mind to find his weak point and stab it like they've never stabbed before.

14. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Gah. I despise the magic blood that was introduced in season two. That was what pretty much ruined season 2 for me. You just don't do something like that if you want us to worry that characters can die on the show.

Looks like the writers are just ignoring it these days. That's really sloppy. They should have never done it in the first place or taken one second to write out a line like this in the finale like "Oh no. Nathan has been dead too long! The magic blood won't work!". But it seems like the writers don't care anymore.

15. Temis the Vorta

If they have ANY integrity left, they have to admit that Nathan is dead, dead, dead. He died a hero, and he should be left with that. No clones, no time travel, no Mirror Universe duplicates, no BS. If they want to introduce the new Nathan into the story, they must admit he is not the original Nathan. He is a new character.

All the characters, including Angela, Noah and Matt - who are guilty of something fairly heinous in regards to someone who should have been a son, and ally and a friend - and especially Peter and Claire - innocent as they may be - must deal with the emotional fallout of having to accept or reject this new entity into their lives. Nobody should act like this new guy is just some easy substitute for Old Nathan.

16. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^yeah Im kinda worried that, this being the Heroes writers, everyone will just treat the copy-Nathan as if he were the old one when he really isnt...they should be very creeped out by him(it?) Well except maybe Angela cuz she's crazy.