Here it is - no bloody "A", "B" "C" or "D"

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies XI+' started by Admiral Buzzkill, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

Nah, it just indicates my amusement in that fact that because it was on an pretty good TV show that it's suddenly "beautiful and majestic." I mean, yes the model is actually quite beautiful but the fact is that it was not carried over well into the show and was not shot beautifully and definitely not majestically. It's just interesting to note how just being connected to Star Trek elevates the ship.

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Admiral Premium Member

I kind of wished they would have "backed up" the Nacelles a bit. I mean the ship itself looks cool, but it looks too squished in. I guess they had to make it different from the original Enterprise and in that sense for this movie, it doesn't look too bad.

3. ancient

ancient Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol: :lol: My God, yes, I suppose anyone that doesn't agree with you about how all this fake entertainment nonsense is supposed to work - is just a moron. Nice.

Yawn, no thanks.

The ship looks much better in the trailer, and I love the shot of the ship on the ground. Iconic.

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Any of these would be superior to the design we're getting in the movie. Vektor should have worked for Abrams and Paramount.:bolian:

5. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I believe that trevanian was pointing out the apparent disconnect between that derision and the signature sported by Michael Chris:

Also:
    I didn't get a chance before -- things were moving along rather rapidly at the time -- but thanks for posting those, RedSpar. Very nice, indeed! :techman:

6. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks like the love child of the TMP refit and the 1701-D to me...I think it looks stylish and powerful....I'm holding out final judgment until I've seen it from more angles. From that image that was briefly up showing the front view, though, I'd say that the pylons still look spindly and fragile.

What surprises me from reading a good portion of this thread is that so many people are holding onto expectations that this movie will fit into existing Trek "canon"....I haven't gone out of my way to spoil myself, but everything I've seen makes it fairly obvious that it's a reboot of at least TOS. I haven't seen anything that suggests continuity with "Where No Man Has Gone Before", for example....

I'll take the new movie on its own terms for whatever it is....If I want "real" TOS, I've got my DVDs.

7. HRHTheKING

HRHTheKING Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Madkoifish's design is superb.

8. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]
    It's just amazing what some more dramatic lighting can do, such as in Vektor's work...

Sometimes I wonder if it's not so much an issue of design philosophy as it is the difference between how things were filmed 40+ years ago...

9. cooleddie74

[​IMG]

A lot of Vektor's work surpasses the best effects from DS9, VOY and ENT in the later years of the television franchise. Look at this Enterprise! It is simply incredible. The shading. Reflections of light on the hull plating. The planet.

10. RedSpar

RedSpar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I have no idea why ILM hasn't scooped up Vektor yet. He does brilliant work and I am a 3d modeler so I don't say this lightly

11. cooleddie74

Vektor is one of the best CGI/model dudes I've ever seen. Period. End of story. His underappreciation is a crime.

12. Classic Fan

Classic Fan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am a 3d modeller also, and i follow Vektors work in art quite a bit. I used to post there a year back but recently havnt had the time. His work is fantastic, really is.

Im a big fan of his Vanguard, from the UESPA. That was outstanding.:techman:

Yeah, like most, i wouldve prefered a slight redesign and a few tatoos and a bit of plastic surgery to the Old E, but alas, that was not to be.

Madkoifish and Vektors Big E re-design/refit and a miriad of others out there on the interweb are fantastic, some of the best i have seen, and more faithful.

but hey, its what we got.

However, cant wait for the effects to be re-editied with these models, we could create a whol load of bootlegged re-edited movies, movies for the hardcore Trek fan. :guffaw:

13. RedSpar

RedSpar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The model itself on the new movie Enterprise is extremely well done, extremely well detailed and textured. It's just the design of it that has something left to be desired. I think it was designed by committee by the looks of it.

14. Rivas_Jakarta

Rivas_Jakarta Lieutenant Junior Grade

Give it up!!!! Go get a f***ing life already!

Maybe some of you need to leave Mommy's basement, get out and see the movie for whatever it's worth (good or bad), and be glad that us Trek nerds are even getting another movie at all!!!

If you still want cry about it, go to a bar and deal with all the changes over a drink. Who knows, maybe you can find a REAL person to form an emotional attachment as opposed to a FICTIONAL spacecraft.

Trust me, real people are more fun that fictional ships. All I have to is ask my fiancee.

Grow up already. Bunch of DORKS. Even the D&D retards are laughing at us now.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2008
  15. Rivas_Jakarta

Rivas_Jakarta Lieutenant Junior Grade

I second this one as well

16. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Fixed your quote tags for you.

Now: the parts I've put in bold type here are things you really ought to avoid. Address the content and substance of the post and refrain from taking personal shots at another poster. If I see you calling names and making insinuations of the sort you've made here, you might earn a warning.

And I really hate giving warnings -- they screw up my day terribly.

Edit:

That other post you quoted and seconded above (and for which that poster received a flaming warning) is not helping your case a bit. Cool it. Post, not poster.

17. Psion

Psion Commodore Commodore

Y'know for all the "optimism" expressed by a certain contingent on these boards, they sure do have some darned intolerant members who are awfully eager to go postal whenever someone says something they don't like.

Not that I'm naming any names.

18. SLWatson

SLWatson Captain Captain

Wow, really. I haven't seen an internet blood bath like this in a long time.

19. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

The theory has been posited that a lot of the cheerleading is being done by plants, in the vein of "viral marketing".

If true, then these guys are in deeper trouble than we may realize.

20. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.