Help resolve a debate with your Photoshop skills

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by alpha_leonis, Aug 26, 2013.

1. alpha_leonis

alpha_leonis Captain Captain

So a friend of mine and I were discussing the change in appearance of the ST:ID Klingons, and we were wondering how much of the difference is related to the fact that the only Klingon whose face we saw -- was also hairless. All Klingons we've seen before have had abundant hair (head plus face.)

Is there a Photoshop-proficient user here who is able to take one of the common screen-grabs of the ST:ID Klingon, and add hair and fu-manchu per the regular Klingon style? How would that affect his appearance compared to the Klingons we've all seen before?

2. BillJ

BillJ Fleet Admiral Admiral

You could just pull up a photo of General Chang from The Undiscovered Country. :techman:

3. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

From what I saw, other Klingons in STiD had hair under their helmets.

4. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Admiral

Seems to me the framegrab I saw of the unhelmeted STiD Klingon he had pointed ears. The promo for "Next issue" (ie. #25) in the back of the current Gorn comic ("IDW Ongoing" #24) has a drawn version of a similar Klingon, complete with cranial bone piercings, pale eyes and a pirate earring. Apart from the pointed ear, there's really not too much different compared to the wide range of canonical Klingon features we've seen from ST:TMP to "Enterprise".

IIRC, Valkris was drawn with a pointed ear in DC Comics' ST III adaptation way back when.

5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk Fleet Admiral Premium Member

The first Klingons we see in Star Trek:

[​IMG]

6. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Later on, in "Day of the Dove," we see a mix of facial hair and clean-shaven Klingons, plus this guy, who sports a goatee but is a bit shiny on top.

7. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

It's the Klingon Cupcake!

8. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Admiral Admiral