Help? ISO Terry Farrell for newspaper story

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by jayrath, Dec 31, 2015.

1. jayrath

jayrath Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm writing a newspaper article on the Rodney Dangerfield comedy, "Back to School." The 30th anniversary of its release is 2016. Terry Farrell had a very early role in the film, as the ingenue.

I've had pretty good luck getting in touch with cast and crew except for her. (Retirement from entertainment = no agent or publicist.) Can anyone here either please help me get in touch, or make her aware of my desire for a brief phone interview?

I've tried Paramount and MGM (which issues the DVD of "Back to School) as well as the official ST site. I welcome suggestions. Perhaps a convention organizer can help me?

Feel free to PM me here. Thanks!

2. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

I'm guessing you meant to put this in the DS9 forum since that is the series Terry starred in.

I'll move it there for you. :)

3. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

She's supposed to be involved with ST Renegades, maybe someone there could help.

Also, Back To School, one of my favorite movies.

4. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Wiki says she retired to Hershey, Pennsylvania. But that might be old information.

If she discontinued having agents and publicists it possible she doesn't do interviews.

5. Triskelion

Triskelion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you can't get it through professional channels, that person may or may not want publicity. It may be overkill, but you could try a licensed PI as a mediary. You know, a credentialed expert on legal limits and rights, who can also help verify for the contactee's benefit that someone is not some crazed fan stalking a celebrity. Regular folks just won't be able to verify that; so might hesitate in providing contact info.

Good luck on your article! Dangerfield is one of the greats.

Remember his role in Natural Born Killers?

6. Terok Nor

Terok Nor Commodore Commodore

I hope you get in touch with her. I loved that movie. Rodney Dangerfield is a legend.

7. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

Her husband is actor Brian Baker. Have you tried contacting his agent?

8. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Her husband's agent might be the best route, hiring a PI sound kind of creepy.

9. Triskelion

^Perhaps, but we don't know what some people trace others for, and some reasons can be not only creepy, but potentially lethal. Let a licensed professional have a good look at the person (- no offense, a Fleet Capt on a fan forum -) making the request - what's wrong with that? If it helps reassure the celeb someone is who they say they are?

The least creepy solution is to try her agent, and when that fails, dropping the matter.

10. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

She does a lot with the folks at Creation entertainment. I suggest you try Adam at Creationent.com

Or go to Dallas in April.

http://www.creationent.com/cal/50yr_dallas.htm

If stories she's told at previous cons can be placed in evidence, trust me when I say a sure way to NOT get an interview would be to "scour" Pennsylvanian for her.

11. Triskelion

^ Sounds like she prefers standard show business channels. Another argument for "if you can't reach her through her agent or studio, she probably wants it that way."

12. jayrath

jayrath Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My thanks to everyone for their suggestions. It's greatly appreciated. It will be some time before the article runs -- likely late February. I'll post the URL in this thread when it does.