Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Ryan8bit, May 8, 2014.
- Come (in)
- Photon(s) / Photonic(s)
I guessed two of the 50.
Ryan8bit, te salut!--good game!
kill, kills, killed, etc
How about course and speed?
Romulan only made #65. Quark was #78, and Ferengi was only #97.
For holo-stuff, I grouped together holodeck(s)/holosuite(s) because they're the same thing, and that comes in at #81. I didn't add other holo answers because hologram felt different enough to me. If I did it likely would've been close to #50.
Sickbay is #72, but the others have been guessed and weren't in the top 50.
The directional ones didn't quite make the top 100. Some of these others were too common to be used ("kill" was the one I removed from the list at the last minute).
But destroy is #31, and aboard is #27.
Percent was #82, but the others were either too common or not high enough.
Surprisingly they didn't make the list.
Already guessed and wasn't high enough.
Also I think already guessed, and also didn't quite make the top 100.
I edited the last list since there were only two correct guesses. I'm sensing that I might need to give some hints here with there only being 11 left. There's still one character name that no one has guessed. The rest is mostly nouns, although some have derivatives that could be verbs as well. A couple of them are technology related. And there's one that I feel will be really hard because one of its forms is an adjective, but it's not in the top 500 most common English words so I kept it.
man/men (maybe too common)
How do you count references to DS9? Is 'Deep Space Nine' counted as one phrase or are they treated as separate words?
Energy was close at #64. Crew is the next best available one at #12 (it involves all the root words using crew). None of the original series extras are quite there. There are no elements in the top 50. Force is really close to one of the derivatives of another word, so I can't quite give that, but see if you can figure out what it is. A lot of the others have been guessed or aren't on the list.
Deep in itself only was said 418 times. I'm not sure offhand how many times the whole phrase "Deep Space Nine" was used, but I'm guessing it's considerably less.
Of your guesses, medical made the list at #50, and vessel at #35.
Earth was really close at #53. Command came in at #38 (I kept this separate from Commander). And good job on Worf. He was on the most seasons and movies, so it's no surprise that he made the list. But he's at #42.
Here's the updated list:
1. captain(s): 15,849 (Joel_Kirk)
2. ship(s)/starship(s)/spaceship(s)/warship(s): 9,500 (Tarheel)
3. sir: 9,380 (JirinPanthosa)
4. doctor(s): 5,555 (Lucky)
5. commander/sub-commander: 4,599 (JirinPanthosa)
6. power (and derivatives): 3,343 (Sran)
7. data/Data/database: 3,319 (JirinPanthosa)
8. Enterprise: 3,081 (B.J.)
9. system(s): 3,039 (Lucky)
10. warp/transwarp: 2,746 (Lucky)
11. Spock: 2,692 (JirinPanthosa)
12. crew(s)/crewman/crewmen/crewmembers: 2,672 (Vandervecken)
13. planet(s)/planetary: 2,660 (Tarheel)
14. lieutenant: 2,649 (shadow55)
15. Starfleet: 2,632 (Lucky)
16. computer(s): 2,575 (Vandervecken)
17. engine(s)/engineer(s)/engineering: 2,556 (shadow55)
18. transport (and derivatives including transporter): 2,543 (Lucky)
19. human(s)/humanoid(s): 2,526 (JirinPanthosa)
20. order (and derivatives): 2,498 (Tom)
21. Klingon(s): 2,282 (JirinPanthosa)
22. bridge: 2,215 (shadow55)
23. report (and derivatives): 2,165 (Lucky)
24. beam (and derivatives): 2,137 (JirinPanthosa)
25. weapon(s): 2,136 (WillsBabe)
26. aye: 2,080 (MacLeod)
27. aboard/board: 2,028 (Vandervecken)
28. field(s)/forcefield(s): 1,995 (Vandervecken)
29. sensor(s): 1,987 (Lucky)
30. Federation: 1,972 (MacLeod)
31. destroy (and derivatives): 1,938 (Vandervecken)
32. station(s): 1,914 (Lucky)
33. shield(s)/shielding: 1,889 (Cyke101)
34. officer(s): 1,879 (JirinPanthosa)
35. vessel(s)/wessel(s) : 1,860 (JirinPanthosa)
37. Cardassia(n)(ns): 1,805 (Lucky)
38. command (and derivatives): 1,794 (GNDN)
39. security/secure(d): 1,743 (GNDN)
40. scan (and derivatives): 1,732 (JirinPanthosa)
41. log(s)/starlog: 1,728 (shadow55)
42. Worf: 1,719 (GNDN)
43. Vulcan: 1,643 (DrCorby)
45. matter/antimatter: 1,570 (Vandervecken)
46. attack (and derivatives): 1,551 (Tarheel)
47. fire(d): 1,487 (Joel_Kirk)
48. Voyager: 1,405 (Lucky)
49. space: 1,402 (JirinPanthosa)
50. medical/medicine: 1,382 (JirinPanthosa)
Only 6 left, so guess away!
Here's today's clues: Worf was the last character and proper noun. There are none left in the top 50.
There are two technologies and one department. The other three could be considered verbs, but are also nouns.
Awesome game. I was watching Killing Game pt 1&2 last night and spent most of the time wondering what words might be on the list!
Oh good grief! You're right--no one's guessed this! I just assumed someone had to have guessed this.
You guys move quickly!
You got the other half of force with field. All sorts of fields. #28.
Matter or antimatter was the other technology at #45.
Now there are no specific technologies left.
And that's the department. #39.
I updated my last post.
Now all that's left is the verb/noun words. I'll probably give another clue tomorrow if nobody is close. They're pretty generic terms, and one of them is going to be kinda tough without a clue.
EDIT: tricorder wasn't on the list. Although it seems like it should be, only 279 references to them. But there may be something related to it left...
Separate names with a comma.