Grunting Men Lifting Weights At The Gym

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by sonak, Jun 20, 2014.

1. mari

mari Captain Captain

My husband grunts while lifting. And when he finishes a set, he goes "WHOOOO!" and drops the... whatever... weight thingie... on the floor. Which is really fun because he does this at midnight, when everyone else in the neighborhood is trying to sleep.

I guess he's just enthusiastic. He certainly doesn't have to impress ME anymore.

2. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd like their policy better if their ridiculous "lunk alarm" weren't so loud. It's far more disturbing than any grunts or dropped weights I've ever heard.

From what I've heard, the cleanliness of Planet Fitness locations varies drastically. The locker room at mine is spotless. (Haven't looked at the showers because I wouldn't use them anyway.)

Because the streets/highways in between are dangerous for pedestrians? Because the neighborhood in between is dangerous? Because the distance is too great for your level of fitness? Because you're going somewhere else afterwards? I'm sure there are a few other good reasons... :p ;)

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I sowwy :alienblush:

4. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Sorry, I forgot to mention I had 24 Hour Fitness membership a long time ago and only heard about PF's policy from watching the link. The nasty showers and lockers I encountered were from 24HF.

I've bought quite a few cardio machines over the years, and I just do 30 - 45 minutes on my elliptical every day. Hopefully, the current one I own will last longer than the others.

5. urbandefault

urbandefault Commodore Commodore

But grunting and straining while you lift is cool. Haven't you seen the POTUS workout video? :guffaw:

6. Melakon

Melakon Admiral Admiral

Is that another one of those secret celebrity sex videos?

7. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

The grunting thing never bothered me. You can definitely tell though when someone is putting on a show.

8. urbandefault

urbandefault Commodore Commodore

Really? It's all over YouTube.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW6KeHOirP0[/yt]

If I had put it together, I'd have used the Rocky theme. :guffaw:

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Premium Member

Planet Fitness is the most assinine gym concept I've ever heard of. "We want you to work out...just not too hard." "Oh, and here's free pizza once a month." Because that just screams fitness.

10. Pondwater

Pondwater Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol: It sounds like the training montage music from Rocky IV.