Grimm (NBC) Season 1 Discussion *Spoilers!*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Nov 4, 2011.

1. JD

JD Admiral Admiral

So I wonder if the attack on Monroe is the start of a new arc? They seemed to make a point of showing the female creature he yelled at, so I have a feeling this isn't the last we've seen of her. As for the rest of the episode, I thought it was pretty good. I thought the stuff with the Mouse guy was ok, and I like the fact that they actually gave Nick's girlfriend more to do again this week.

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

http://www.ksitetv.com/10979/grimm-episode-11-tarantella-description-amy-acker-guest-stars/

Amy Acker! :D

3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pretty good episode even though it was totally predictable/obvious that the Mouse guy was the killer as soon as we met him.

4. JD

JD Admiral Admiral

They pretty much said it outright in the preview after last week's episode too. I really hate when they do that. If it's supposed to be a surprise, or a mystery in the episode, they shouldn't show it in the damn preview. That's been one of my big TV pet peeves for a while now.

5. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ratings jumped.
    Wow, that's enough to make Grimm NBC's superstar! :rommie::bolian:

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

That's awesome! :D Hopefully it will stay steady and we get a S2...I enjoy the show and it is the only thing on NBC I watch. :p

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

it may be corny but I'd like to see Brandon Routh as a relative of Nick to guest star on Grimm. :D

Seriously what else has he got Dylan Dog 2? :p

8. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's a cool idea! Maybe he could be Nick's dad in flashback, who knew all about the Grimm stuff along along but didn't tell his son?

9. Enterprise is Great

I really like that idea.:techman:

10. sojourner

sojourner Admiral Admiral

Yep, that's a great idea.

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Page 3 dude. :p I forgot you mentioned it. :lol: My bad. :alienblush:

12. sojourner

Great minds heh?

13. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

New Grimm tonight! :)

S1 EP10 "Organ Grinder"
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8lQ2spnJvo[/yt]

Grimm 1x10 - "Organ Grinder" Promo (HD)

Can't wait! :D

14. Enterprise is Great

That looks creepy.

15. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hope this show goes darker soon. tonight looks like a great start.

16. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

It doesn't need to get "darker"...it has the right balance of dark & whimsy...it does need to get more in depth with some of the characters.

[edit] Great ep. Stuff with Monroe was great as always. I kinda don't like this thing about whether or not he should tell Juliette his secret...reminds me of Smallville. :lol: He wants to...but it seems like they will drag it out. I keep forgetting about the Reapers...need to look into it more.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2012
  17. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

tonight was great loved it. and you're right it had a smallville feeling to it as well.

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I also got a Superman vibe from Nick...partly cause he looks like Routh but also how he was handling the guy in the shop and being very heroic with Gracie and Hanson.

19. sojourner

"so, what are we naming the character of Gracie's brother?"
    "Hanson"
    "Ah, of course"

20. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Haven't read through this whole thread so apologies if I'm saying anything that's been said before. It looks like Grimm is probably going to be renewed, which I wasn't expecting at all. I'd like it if they added a little more depth to the main character as right now he's a little too pretty boy/boy scout. I haven't gotten a smallville vibe, but I have been thinking about how it has a little of the x-files feel to it. Wonder if they'll keep going dark?

Also I can't stand his wife or fiancee or whoever she is. I'm not sure why, because she hasn't been whiny or worthless, there's just something about the character that's really annoying to me.