Ghostbusters: The Video Game sequel "Sanctum of Slime" announced

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chris3123, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

But before you give your hopes up, it's not a full blown game release like the original. It will be a download-only title (PC, PSN, XBOX Live) and doesn't feature any of the original actors.

USA Today

It is made by Wanako Studios.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That vehicle in the second image is called the Ecto-4WD. And yes, you'll get to drive it apparently.

2. Timby

Timby LIKE LIGHTNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING Administrator

The only "sequel" aspect of this is that players will play as the Rookie from the first game. Otherwise, it's about as much of a sequel as Marvel: Ultimate Alliance was to the X-Men arcade game.

3. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

True.

4. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks like a different game style compared to the original. Also looks more like a side project than a real sequel, so here's hoping that there really is a sequel

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  5. STR

STR Captain Captain

I still need to get around to playing the 1st game. Got it for like $4 on one of Steams "OMG Our Prices are Loco!" weekends.

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

Anyone remember the multiplayer coin-op arcade game of Ghostbusters?

7. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, this game seems to be reminiscent of that. Unlike the arcade, I just hope there's a proper final boss this time.

8. Rett Mikhal

Rett Mikhal Captain

Was that the one where crossing the streams turned your proton gun into a GIGANTIC blue beam that killed everything? We used to walk around constantly crossing the streams in that game. Did not encourage safe busting tactics.

9. Timby

Timby LIKE LIGHTNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING Administrator

Atari's broke (and moving out of the "expensive games" business), and Terminal Reality's busy with the Star Wars game for Kinect, so I wouldn't hold my breath.