Generations deleted scenes

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by los2188, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I have a bridge in London for sale if you're interested. PM me. ;)

2. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

"Star Trek: Insert Film Here"...... was only shown in a few theaters before being pulled, all prints were destroyed and it never went to video. You can't even find proof it ever existed and none of the participents will admit to being in it. Biggest cover-up in Trek history.

Terrible title for a movie in any case. Takei said, "Insert film where?"

3. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

Well, there is a workprint version of Generations that's being traded amongst those who have other precious stuff to trade ... it claims to have additional scenes as well as the alternate ending.

4. Grant

I have no problen believing there is a 'workprink' of Generations that got out---just not into a theater in Nov 1994 with 'naughty' Data dialogue and Geordi taking a shower.

Hey, maybe that's why they cut it. Lursa's dialogue says bath but they filmed Burton in a shower, they had to cut it for continuity reasons.:rommie: Plus Burton had second thoughts about the nude scene and asked them to cut it.

5. StewMc

StewMc Commodore Commodore

It's probably the full length version of the source that the poor quality deleted scenes came from that were put online by Section31.com back in the day.

For what it's worth the "sexual noises" extended Data scene is real in terms that it does exist as a deleted scene (and is probably online somewhere still), although there isn't any reference to Tasha, I suspect that's just the random thoughts of the OPs "buddy". It's basically an extra 30 seconds of Spiner panting and falling about.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  6. Grant

Super glad that didn't make the theatrical cut! Spiner's riffs sometimes are good--that one sounds like a terrible ad-lib out-take. Oh yeah---- it is.

The favorite deleted scene that I saw was the Sulu meets his great-grandfather scene from Trek 4. The kid was okay but Takei really gave a great performance in that scene!

7. StewMc

StewMc Commodore Commodore

Here's the scenes for anyone who didn't have the privilege of seeing them at the cinema/theatre:

Spiner goes over the top:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nUIOebaOL0[/yt]

The Duras sisters watch La Forge take a bath. Or perhaps it is a shower and Geordi is behind the blue shower curtain!
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CrIIqynD94[/yt]

The bath scene was actually a good cut as otherwise the same information is repeated twice within a matter of minutes (he goes for a bath, and the joke about being an engineer that doesn't go to engineering). Note that the script doesn't actually mention a bath, only the line from B'etor stating that he "bathed", and I suppose you could bathe in a shower. What they were supposed to be seeing on the screen however was Geordi wiping the steam away from a mirror.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  8. Grant

Thanks for posting those. Wow, that Data scene was horrible---really glad they cut it.

And what he said about Tasha--(Sulu voice) "Oh my!"

Yep, cheap Federation blue shower curtains, probably get moldy real fast.
    Klingons hate showers or baths! Worf says in an early ep of TNG "(swimming) is too much like bathing."

That's a little more 'nearly racist' stuff from early TNG.

9. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Go on... er... not that I'm interested or anything. :shifty:

10. Grant

Me neither! :lol:

Actually the script (scene 199-206) has a scene where an explosion throws Sulu from his chair and David "helps him"---that was not filmed.

But, working from the script the novelization expands that to him giving Sulu CPR.

11. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have a copy of it, somewhere, but I'm not watched it since long before the special edition DVD came out. I assumed most of the extra footage was in the deleted scenes package on there.

12. Grant

Actually no, only a few deleted scenes made the DVD/Blu-ray. I saw the rest on crappy youtube type videos that DID look like I was watching it through a guys afro.

I have to admit Generations is the only Trek movie that I DON'T give a damn about the deleted scenes. I only wanted to see the 'post-Kirk death' Chekov/Scott scene.

13. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really? That's pretty cool! I would have liked to have seen that.

14. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

Grant, I'd strongly advise you not to be so personal in the future. You're bordering on something that would require an official warning. So cool it. R. Star didn't deserve that. What I'm reading is that he did misremember so strongly that he mixed the novelization with his memory of the movie. There are times I can picture scenes from the novel "Q-in-Law" as vividly as if it were an episode in season 3.

15. los2188

los2188 Commander Red Shirt

No. I am 100% of those scenes in that movie specifically because of the comments that were made while watching it. The Geordi shower scene was one of those, "oh so that's what they do in the 24th century" type moments, seeing that they shower like "normal." I remember seeing his feet to right above his calves. I can't speak to some of the other scenes, but those that I listed WERE in the theatrical version that I saw so many years ago. I'd bet my own life on it.

16. los2188

First of all, I never said that Data referenced his sexual encounter with Tasha. If you read what I typed, you'll see that my friend and I spoke about about his burst of sexual emotion being from when he was with Tasha Yar. Do you understand that now? Do I need to repeat what I typed? Secondly...I honestly don't give a damn if you think I'm making this up or not. I take offense to the drug reference as well. So take your comments...and...well...figure out the rest if you can. Do you need me to tell you?

17. los2188

no comment.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  18. los2188

You know what...I apologize. I shouldn't let what some other person thinks bother me, nor should I have used such strong language. That's really not in my nature to do. You can believe what I am saying, or not, but those specific scenes brought out a pretty memorable reaction from me when I saw them and that's why I remember it so clearly. As I said before, the other scenes I can't speak of seeing at all. As far as the bootleg Nemesis that I saw, it is what it is and that's just all there is to it. When I saw the movie in theaters, I did not see some of those same scenes as in this bootleg, but honestly, I don't care who believes me or not. I come here for the discussion and that's all.

19. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

^^^You do realize that for a short time after posting you can edit and delete your posts. It might be better to delete/amend the comments you are apologizing for than leave them standing.

20. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

I have a clear memory of watching Back to the Future part 3 in the cinemas, and there was a bit of dialogue cut from the scene where Marty's going back in time at the drive in. Doc gives him a gun and says that if Marty can't save him, get the son a bitch who kills him. I remember it clearly because I was only about six or seven at the time and I was surprised they sad a naughty word. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.