Galileo restored!

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by MarsWeeps, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Search4

Search4 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

We saved all of the parts. However, not at all sure what to do with them yet! Not worrying about it until after the dedication in Houston.

2. tosapanic

tosapanic Ensign Red Shirt

First time on the board, and I don't want to alarm anyone, but I have concerns about the final resting place for Galileo at Space Center Houston. According to their site, it will be permanently displayed at the Zero-G Diner at their facility. I can just picture kids (and adults) trying to climb the shuttle for a photo or just for fun. I can also envision the hard work that went into this restoration being marred by a layer of grease over time because of being displayed in an eating facility instead of a proper museum location. Time will tell, but am I over-reacting about this?

Jeff R.

3. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

Yes.

4. tosapanic

tosapanic Ensign Red Shirt

Fair enough.

5. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

As you said, time will tell. I hope they have it roped off so that nobody has access to it. A restaurant would not have been my first choice for a location to display it but maybe more people would get to see it that way?