Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman In ‘Batman Vs. Superman’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Dec 4, 2013.

1. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I think that might be my new favorite commercial, ever.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

We saw that in Flashpoint that without the sun Kal is thin and sickly.

Yellow sun makes him "magically" strong, but it also inflates his body.

There was a Louise Simonson story form the 90s, where Superman got some sort of over dose of sunlight and he hulked out. It didn't look healthy and it wasn't healthy. It appeared as if he was about to pop.

According to the TV show, it was her magic girdle that gave her strength and if she took it off she was suddenly only human strengthed.

But then Diana is a golem given life by the breath of the gods, in "some" continuities, which is why Amazons in general in some continuities are not as strong as Superman, which is why the event Amazon's attack was a bit shitty. A couple thousand non powered women with swords and spears attack America and (almost) win? They weren't even bullet proof for fucks sake!

3. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ The belt preserved her heightened abilities while she was away from Paradise Island. It didn't give her those abilities.

4. Guy Gardener

That makes sense, considering how Morticia Addams beat down on the NAZIs after her libido got over how shiny their boots were.

Oh Caroline, you so crazy.

5. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Well in current continuity she is the daughter of Zeus. No mystery where her strength comes from in this case.

6. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

And the current continuity sucks. In part for that very reason.

7. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but Lynda Carter was not really any more credible as Wonder Woman than was Adam West as Batman.

8. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I disagree. The New 52 run of Wonder Woman has been great.

9. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Which was the point. The first season of WW on TV was meant to be just as big a superhero spoof as Batman, which meant they didn't need somebody that actually looked like a wonder woman. They just needed somebody brunette and pretty with reasonable enough command of english that she could memorize her lines.

Which is the same mentatlity they seem to be using for the new film.

10. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

I've heard that a lot. And I actually believe it. Brian Azzerallo is a great writer, I truly believe you when you say that his run is great. And I'd very likely be okay with it, if it were non-canonical!!! Make it an Elseworld, or something like The Dark Knight Returns, something out-of-continuity, and I'd likely read it and most propably enjoy it. But they made it canon, the "official current version", and therein lies my problem. I can live with different interpretations, but for the official canon version, even in a reboot, you gotta stick to the basics. You can mix up the details, but the basics have to be there.

... who wasn't from Krypton, but from the future, like in "Red Son"?!

11. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I wonder if the other pudgy daughter of Zeus is equally as strong.

12. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

That first season might have had it's campy moments, but I still think they were clearly going for more of a straightforward adventure show than a Batman-style spoof.

In any case, I certainly see Gadot having a stronger and more intimidating screen presence than Carter ever had. Gadot can be both sweet and badass, but I don't think Carter could have ever pulled off the badass thing.

13. Guy Gardener

In the old continuity Wonder Woman was Zeus' grand daughter, and it was (Blonde Young Justice) Wonder Girl who was Zeus' daughter, which humorously made Wonder Girl the aunt of Wonder Woman.

The New 52 is not going to last.

There will be another Crisis lo it take another 20 years.

But it's not going to take 20.

Is Zero Hour regarded as a Crisis?

Are the Wonder Woman Comics dealing with the fall out of Clark and Diana dating yet?

It's still all that underworld god shit 28 issues later, isn't it?

This is why they had to invent the Superman + Wonder Woman title to pull up the slack.

14. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

- I'm glad they gave Diana a real father instead of having her molded out of dirt.

- I thought that Lynda Carter was perfect as Wonder Woman.

Looks that way. That's why I gave up on the title a long time ago.

Probably. Good move too.

15. Guy Gardener

So Cobie Smulders as Wonder Woman in the Lego Movie.

Pretty hot.

16. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Since annoucement of a WW film is pn the horizon. Might as well bring this thread back instead of starting a new one.

Check out this photo Gal posted on her FB on the set of "Criminal".

Wonder Woman and Faora take a selfie. With Hal Jordan photobombing in the background.
    [​IMG]

17. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Actually, there was a pilot for a Wonder Woman show (or perhaps it was a short vignette) back in the late 60's/early 70's that definitely had the feel of the 60's Batman show...it was meant to be a comedy. (It may have been a vignette, as I don't think it actually aired, now that I think on it.) Diana would turn into Wonder Woman just by gazing dreamily into her mirror, and then she would admire herself for a moment while the narrator (whom I believe was the same narrator as for the Batman series.....if I'm not mistaken, and can very well be) would play her up for that moment.

18. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    This one. Clearly Adam West Batman camp, it might have been fun with some tweaks.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWiiXs2uU1k[/yt]

19. Guy Gardener

I'm watching some fan made JLA webisodes from a couple years back.

https://www.youtube.com/user/stpfeil

Wonder Woman is easy on the eye and so humorously passive aggressive... HA! Aquaman just defenestrated Lex Luthor from 5 stories up.

20. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ouch. I agree it might have been fun, but it would have needed many tweaks.