Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman In ‘Batman Vs. Superman’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Dec 4, 2013.

1. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Batman on Film (who I can't seem to link to right now) is reporting that the WW role in MoS2 will be smallish...

Details at Spinoff On-line...

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  3. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I'm ok with that, actually. While Black Widow didn't steal the show or anything, she got a fair amount of stuff to do in Iron Man 2, if that's any indications of WW's role in this movie, then that's good enough for me.

4. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

5. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Which for an Israeli is not exactly noteworthy, given that such military service is compulsory.

6. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Pretty much what i expected given that the movie features DC's two heavy hitters who will take center stage.

Still very curious to see Gadot in action.. i liked her very much in the FF movies she's been in because she is very charming (including her accent).

I am really looking forward to this movie also to see Affleck play Batman (i'm actually a small minority who liked Daredevil :p).

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not real surprised, but still happy to hear that Bats and WW will just be supporting roles.

8. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Idk why but this makes me happy. She is so bubbly. She wants to be a go get'em action star. She going to totally own the role as WW.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohGDzCykkaU[/yt]

9. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Yep. I think she is going to be awesome. :)

10. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Think that press interview gives a good idea why they cast her for personality/character as well as looks.

11. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

She's really endearing.

12. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah she definitely pops off the screen. I can definitely see her WW having the same presence and holding her own with the likes of Superman and Batman.

13. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

The Black Widow role in IM2 wasn't what I'd call small or small-ish.
    Even as Black Widow she's in the film for about 10minutes or so.
    As her undercover role that expands to 20-25minutes.

If her time is spilt up as Diana in street clothes and WW then 20min is not a small role, it's a legit support role.

14. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

My main caveat about the IM2 comparison is that I hope this film doesn't end up as a sort of springboard for a Justice League film, the way that Iron Man 2 seemed (to me) more of a prequel to Avengers than an Iron Man film in its own right.

For my money, Iron Man was a much better film than MOS, so if Favreau came a cropper with its sequel in trying to set up a bigger universe, I don't have a lot of faith in Zack Snyder's ability to do so here.

15. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I suspect the IM2 comparison has less to do with screen time as it does relevance to the plot. Black Widow was there to monitor Stark, nothing else. She only got involved later in the film when a situation developed right in front of her and she had to act.

I guess my point is that up until she blew her cover, the part could have been played by some no-name actress and it wouldn't have made any real difference to the character or plot. Likewise I think Diana will be just someone who's just there--maybe an interview subject for Lois and a business rival for Lex if they're going with the Diana Prince identity--and she only busts out the lasso in the final act. Let's just hope they handle her better than they did Talia. Yeesh!

As for MoS2 itself...honestly the first one was so drab that I'd rather they screw it up by stuffing in too much colourful stuff than just getting more of the same.

16. Set Harth

We already know the character's real identity. Thus, the rule that everything about a character must be known at the outset of the film has been observed, and this should serve to appease modern "we hate surprises" audiences.

17. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

*WE* may be able to spot Wonder Woman in civies and calling herself Diana Prince, but I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of people who go to see that film have never even heard of "Diana Prince". Assuming they even go that root, it's likely they'll keep any reveal for the last reel...or even a post credits scene.

As for Talia, it wasn't bad because it was a "surprise", it was just handled very poorly. Just one of the many issues that film had with it's multiple incoherent plot threads.

18. Set Harth

It really won't matter because what the title of this thread is saying is out there as a news release to the general public. It's no secret.

19. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

And again, most people going to see summer blockbusters like this aren't the type to keep up genre gossip. It's not that it's a secret, they just don't care.

20. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As an enthusiastic fan of superhero cinema, I once thought it was a great idea to follow BoF on Twitter. But Jett's tweets were generally too idiotic to tolerate for long. I soon stopped following him. And I don't take his "inside scoops" very seriously either. Let readers beware.