Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman In ‘Batman Vs. Superman’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Unless, you'd like to consider Olive Byrne for the inspiration.

2. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Oh my god if only humanity knew of a way to bulk humans up, like through vigorous physical activity combined with a diet of some sort.

If only something like that existed....do you know of anything like that? I mean there can't possibly be a solution to this mind numbing problem we're facing here, because I've never heard of anything remotely like that. Have you?

3. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

4. Starfury

Starfury Captain Captain

It's... just not as easy as you make it. Putting on some serious mass, some healthy mass is a real pain in the ass and it takes time - especially if you have to start from zero, hollywood trainers or not.
    She was asked to bulk up for Fast and the furious, and she said no. So... :/

5. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Of course it isn't easy - that should go without saying, don't be silly. If it was we'd all be nicely sculpted Adonis', a planet of healthy mass.

6. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

You've never seen a picture of Chris Reeve before he was cast as Superman, have you? :lol:

7. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

What do you think steroids and HGH are for?

8. Gov Kodos

Also, actors approach roles with their own ideas. She may not have seen a need to undertake a bulking up physical regimen for FF. It doesn't follow that she'd feel the same about Wonder Woman.

9. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Source?

10. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

That still makes my point. She was an inspiration for the character, but she ISN'T the character.

Lots of people could be inspirations for the drawing of Wonder Woman as time moved on...

11. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Putting on some mass isn't that big of a deal if you're in Hollywood and basically getting paid to do it. It's not like she'd have to find 30 minutes to work out when she's not driving the kids to school or working the 9-5 office job. Personal trainer, personal cook and all the time in the world makes things a lot easier.

12. Gov Kodos

Lots, but not anyone. I am unsure of your point. If it's that Gal fits within how Wonder Woman has been depicted over time, sure, she's not unlike Olive I'd say, but that Camryn Manheim does as well, well no, I wouldn't think so.

As far as actresses changing their look, take a gander at Linda Hamilton between T1 and T2.

13. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Prediction: Sometime next year we are going to see images of Gadot as Wonder Woman, and we will be very impressed and excited. Why? She'll look like a warrior, not a thin supermodel. Also, director Snyder will see to it that her costume is quite close to what we know from the comic books. That was his approach when he made Watchmen.

14. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

If she's naturally heavier and has to work to keep herself so skinny, it shouldn't be difficult for her to put weight back on. If she's always been that skinny, it will be a big challenge and she may need something more than just training and diet.

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

You know, I'm pretty sure that when Christian Bale was cast as Batman, or Henry Cavill as Superman, etc., we didn't have a six-page thread debating whether or not they'd be able to get into shape for their roles.

16. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Must we be reminded of those god-awful franchises?

17. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

:wtf:

:scream: ARRRGH!

:eek: Quickly, get me the brain soap! :eek:

:scream::scream::scream: The horror! The horror!

18. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Christian Bale was already known for radical changes in build for his prior roles and we'd seen him pretty buff in American Psycho. Cavill was already pretty big as well. Not huge, but definitely fit.

That being said, I am fimrly in the camp that Gal can get into the role.

19. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

But... I have a vague recollection that we did have conversations that where people suggested that Cavill was too weedy.

20. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

My point is: there is no picture of Wonder Woman. As in there is no absolute way she MUST look. It's in reply to all of these people saying "Gal doesn't look like Wonder Woman." And specifically a poster saying, she doesn't look like the picture of Wonder Woman.

Because there is no picture of Wonder Woman, like there's a picture of Lynda Carter or FDR or anyone else that ACTUALLY existed.

Yes, my point is that, broadly speaking, Gal fits in with how Wonder Woman has been drawn over time.

And Gal is also a real human being, whereas Wonder Woman isn't, and so doesn't have to be drawn in a realistic manner.

I think you mistake me for a hater of this casting. I'm sure by the time the cameras roll, Gal will look just fine as Wonder Woman.

I'm much more concerned whether or not Snyder can actually create a 3 dimensional female character.